+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Veteran

titwio,

I'm inclined to wait on the phone call, I know his more of a pocket quarterback with a very nice touch.

Also I'm not an Eli supporter, but you feel that strongly about Bridgewater?

i really think it depends where they have them on their overall board. if he is a top 5 player, I think they will take him. If he is in the 8-12 range, I don't think they will find the value worth it.

I love bridgewater, and think he is the best QB in this class. Personally, as long as guys like Mack, Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Watson are gone, I would take him

Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    I'm inclined to wait on the phone call, I know his more of a pocket quarterback with a very nice touch.

Also I'm not an Eli supporter, but you feel that strongly about Bridgewater?
    I'm an Eli supporter as well but I still think they have to take him. He's a top 3 player in draft imo and it gives the Giants a lot of options. They can trade him after or keep him then even trade Eli and relieve themselves of a huge cap hit and build towards the future. Franchise QB's don't fall into your lap often, especially top ones. Like I mentioned in the other thread, It's very much like Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I'm an Eli supporter as well but I still think they have to take him. He's a top 3 player in draft imo and it gives the Giants a lot of options. They can trade him after or keep him then even trade Eli and relieve themselves of a huge cap hit and build towards the future. Franchise QB's don't fall into your lap often, especially top ones. Like I mentioned in the other thread, It's very much like Brett Favre/Aaron Rodgers in 2005.
    What do you think about Bortles or Manziel? Personally, I would definitely take Bridgewater (assuming clowney, robinson, watkins etc are gone). Definitely would NOT take Manziel, and would be very torn about Bortles

I agree about Teddy being an opportunity that it would be difficult to pass up. But i still doubt he falls out of the top 10

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    What do you think about Bortles or Manziel? Personally, I would definitely take Bridgewater (assuming clowney, robinson, watkins etc are gone). Definitely would NOT take Manziel, and would be very torn about Bortles

I agree about Teddy being an opportunity that it would be difficult to pass up. But i still doubt he falls out of the top 10
    I don't like Bortles as much as others so I would pass. Manziel is the guy that if he was there I'd explore all the trade options I could and take the best one. Bridgewater is the type of guy they can listen for trade offers and draft him anyway and get more after the fact. I just feel Teddy is a win/win if he's there.

pass

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    Would you pass or steal him?
    TRADE THE PICK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I don't like Bortles as much as others so I would pass. Manziel is the guy that if he was there I'd explore all the trade options I could and take the best one. Bridgewater is the type of guy they can listen for trade offers and draft him anyway and get more after the fact. I just feel Teddy is a win/win if he's there.
    The idea of developing Bortles for one or two years is very intriguing to me. He really reminds me in terms of Andrew Luck in terms of his qualities/abilities. Of course, he isn't where Luck was coming out, but just that size and build and playing style remind me a lot of that type of QB

It won't happen, with teams like texans, browns, jags, raiders, vikings, and bucs picking before us, not to mention another team would probably trade up, but if either of Bortles or Bridgewater dropped to us you take them. Eli is 33. Now is the right time to look for a new guy. They could develop for 1-3 years behind Eli and then we'd be set. Not many teams have such a seamless transition between franchise qbs (Indi fans are so damn lucky) so it would be fantastic if either of those guys made it to us. Also that's not a knock on Eli who I think will bounce back. You always have to consider age.

Manziel I think is the only one who may drop but I don't want him. Watch his game against LSU 2013. It's very telling. I think Fales is a guy who is worth looking at in the 4th or 5th.

Banned
    Too soon and too expensive to take a QB in the first. If Eli plays badly the next 2 seasons then I see them drafting the future QB