+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I want Derek Carr backing up Eli just like big brother.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBeatsU View Post
    Would you pass or steal him?
    If any of the top 3 QB's fell to us, I would be surprised and upset if we didn't trade down.

We've got LOTS of positions to shore up, and QB isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Trade the pick..
    I agree.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

what team would trade up for him tough?

St. Louis Have Bradford
    Chicago just re-signed Cutler
    Pittsburgh have big ben but might want new QB
    Dallas gave Romo big contract last year
    Ravens gave Flacco big contract last year
    Jets just drafted Smith last year
    Miami spent #8 on Tannehill
    Arizona maybe but moving up 8 spots is a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Trade the pick..
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    this should be the only answer
    agree with both of you. If this scenario did present itself, I say trade down to a QB needy team and amass more picks.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

No trade the pick to get more picks in a deep draft.

Then if for some reason all the new talent doesn't gell in 2014 and we have another bad year.. We trade up and draft Mariota or as gmen43 said if he fell to us next year then take him.

To soon to close the book on Eli. May have another SB left in him and plenty of great young QB talent coming out next few years..
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Besides I think you may see a revived different QB in Eli under coach Mac that will make him a viable QB in this league again.
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

If he starts to falls to us, we then trade down.

“Everyone has a sense of humor. If you don't laugh at jokes, you probably laugh at opinions.”

ELI-MINATED

Hey, everyone on here knows how I feel about drafting a QB or preparing as if Eli is regressing, not just passing through some terrible season at his age. Marcus Mariota was one of my few fave prospects before he went bck to Oregon. I don't think i'd want to take Teddy at pick 12, nor any of the QB's that are there this yr, for the 1st rd, but if we could steal Jimmy Garapolo in the 3rd rd, i'd be completely find with that, and i'd be ok with AJ McCarron as well. McCarron more in the 4th though.

But Jimmy Garapolo is my guy. He reminds me alot of Tony Romo as a player, which is great, what makes Tony Romo such a annoying QB is he never gets it done in the big moments. I can't put that on Garopolo. Urban Meyer watched video of Eastern Illinois vs San Diego St before he played San Diego St, and in a interview said "Eastern Illinois's got one of the best QB's i've ever seen!".. Ever seen! Thats huge praise.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Hey, everyone on here knows how I feel about drafting a QB or preparing as if Eli is regressing, not just passing through some terrible season at his age. Marcus Mariota was one of my few fave prospects before he went bck to Oregon. I don't think i'd want to take Teddy at pick 12, nor any of the QB's that are there this yr, for the 1st rd, but if we could steal Jimmy Garapolo in the 3rd rd, i'd be completely find with that, and i'd be ok with AJ McCarron as well. McCarron more in the 4th though.

But Jimmy Garapolo is my guy. He reminds me alot of Tony Romo as a player, which is great, what makes Tony Romo such a annoying QB is he never gets it done in the big moments. I can't put that on Garopolo. Urban Meyer watched video of Eastern Illinois vs San Diego St before he played San Diego St, and in a interview said "Eastern Illinois's got one of the best QB's i've ever seen!".. Ever seen! Thats huge praise.
    I say take Brett Smith in the 3/4 round. He is everything that Manziel is but without the character concerns and a bigger arm..