Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Gulf Oil Disaster

Was in the process of making reservations to spend a week in beautiful Clearwater,Fla. on the Gulf coast a day before it happen. I guess the water will not be so clear anymore. This makes me soooooo sick.

[quote user="TheBlueGiant"][quote user="TuckYou"]How the hell have we not found a way to stop this this from gushing out oil into the Gulf of Mexico? Its been like a month. Its going to cost all of us a lot of money soon in prices on everyday products, food and gas.

What is wrong with this country?

Stupid people.

Discuss...[/quote]

If Bush was in office it would be all his fault and the man would have been crucified by the liberal media
    [/quote]

Oh please, there are plenty of news sources that are for and against both parties. Bush was just a ****ty president. I voted for Obama, and I still think it's all his fault. Not because there's a news source out there telling me to feel this way, but because I can think for myself. That still doesn't make Bush any better of a president then he actually was, because a lot of the stuff he did was his fault. He was the ****ing president for christs sake.

its what was initially reported on TV to be a possibility and then immediately shut down..i hope its not true. My point is that this is not something I wouldassume from the get go, just something i heard and something that wouldn't suprise me from the strories I here about other countries(from having served) of themwanting to prove there worth...I'm on the right, not likeyour boys on the leftwho think we caused 9/11 moron.......</P>

this message was for you green man in case you didn't realize......moron</P>

[quote user="Charlie Tuna"]

its what was initially reported on TV to be a possibility and then immediately shut down..i hope its not true.* My point is that this is not something I would*assume from the get go,* just something i heard and something that wouldn't suprise me from the strories I here about other countries(from having served) of them*wanting to prove there worth...I'm on the right, not like*your boys on the left*who think we caused 9/11 moron.......*</P>[/quote]

Haha yea, because all people who voted for Obama obviously believe that the government caused 9/11. By the way, that's me being sarcastic.

Your point said that America wouldn't do anything about russia torpedo-ing our gas lines - Right now, our administration is investing ten times more then reagen invested in defense budgets, and yes, even more then bush put towards the defense budget as well (Which I disagree with, big time. Just because I voted for the guy doesn't mean I suck his **** like you procalim everyone who isn't conservative to). So you mean to tell me that we'd be willing to put so much money towards defense strategies, yet wouldn't acknowledge russia bombing us? Please don't fall back to calling me a moron simply because we disagree.

http://blog.al.com/live/2010/05/nort...oil_spill.html</P>

The theories are out there............</P>

[quote user="TuckYou"]How the hell have we not found a way to stop this this from gushing out oil into the Gulf of Mexico? Its been like a month. Its going to cost all of us a lot of money soon in prices on everyday products, food and gas.

What is wrong with this country?

Stupid people.

Discuss...[/quote]Am I on the wrong board?? Help me understand the connection between the Men in Blue and incompetence in the Gulf?
    No one remembers who came in second.

I appreciate the OP for the thread and all but please keep your political views to yourselves as said in the code of conduct [=P] and because having arguments over politics on a football message board is just plain stupid.

sorry to point it out to you, but it was the Bush administration that removed the requirement for a bypass valve that would have shut the oil down in 24 hours. Oil companies complained that cost of the valve alone was 1/2 a million dollars and that it was an unnecessary expenditure. The issue was brought to the Bush administration, more specifically **** Chaney, and it was declared superfluous. The rig itself, was a Haliburton project. So, yes, this would indeed be Bush's fault, or at least his administration's, and they should all be crucified by the general public for the worst ecological disaster to date, and it's only getting bigger. I live on the Gulf Coast-it's beautiful. Well, it is today, not too sure what it might look like tomorrow or next week. Sunday I'll be going to help clean up the casualties of this oil spill-wildlife and birds and such that are being moved to the Southern coast because their natural home has been destroyed-want me to take some pictures of the victims for you? Might help bring the reality home.

here's some links from a quick google search to back up my claims:
    Chaney's removal of the "acoustical valve" :

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/38/556...Disasters.html

Haliburton's involvement:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gree...onnection.html

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]sorry to point it out to you, but it was the Bush administration that removed the requirement for a bypass valve that would have shut the oil down in 24 hours. Oil companies complained that cost of the valve alone was 1/2 a million dollars and that it was an unnecessary expenditure. The issue was brought to the Bush administration, more specifically **** Chaney, and it was declared superfluous. The rig itself, was a Haliburton project. So, yes, this would indeed be Bush's fault, or at least his administration's, and they should all be crucified by the general public for the worst ecological disaster to date, and it's only getting bigger. I live on the Gulf Coast-it's beautiful. Well, it is today, not too sure what it might look like tomorrow or next week. Sunday I'll be going to help clean up the casualties of this oil spill-wildlife and birds and such that are being moved to the Southern coast because their natural home has been destroyed-want me to take some pictures of the victims for you? Might help bring the reality home.

here's some links from a quick google search to back up my claims:
    Chaney's removal of the "acoustical valve" :

http://beforeitsnews.com/news/38/556...Disasters.html

Haliburton's involvement:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gree...onnection.html[/quote]

I can't help but disagree with you. Obama knew what the issues were down there, he shouldn't have authorized drilling. Simple as that. Make it safe before you go down there to drill. Come up with some blueprint beforehand in case some terrible disaster happens.

However, I did just find this article on the NYT front page - http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/15/us...5obama.html?hp

This should have been said a year ago when he was inaugurated. Pretty much the platform he ran on.