+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,904

    This has the potential to really upset me!

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ichael-bennett

    If this pans out for the Bears and both these guys turn into HUGE monsters being on the same team im gonna really be upset with Reese.
    We could have done this freakin last year and instead of picking up Michael; Reese decides in his all out wisdom to just dump Martellus.
    Especially if the Bears get Michael at a discount becuz he gets to play with his brother.

  2. #2
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,317
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ichael-bennett

    If this pans out for the Bears and both these guys turn into HUGE monsters being on the same team im gonna really be upset with Reese.
    We could have done this freakin last year and instead of picking up Michael; Reese decides in his all out wisdom to just dump Martellus.
    Especially if the Bears get Michael at a discount becuz he gets to play with his brother.
    And with what money would we have done that with last year?

    People need to start using their heads.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    And with what money would we have done that with last year?

    People need to start using their heads.
    Yeah your right...cuz our team was sooo freakin good last year we couldnt have possibly cut some dead weight.

  4. #4
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,474
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Yeah your right...cuz our team was sooo freakin good last year we couldnt have possibly cut some dead weight.
    They really couldn't. Snee and Tuck were about it. Giants were never going to release either.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,904
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    They really couldn't. Snee and Tuck were about it. Giants were never going to release either.
    I dont buy it for a second.
    GMs job is to be able to fiddle numbers.
    Martellus even said he would play for less with the opportunity to play with his brother.
    IF Michael goes to Chicago on a reduced salary for the same reason...thats on Reese.
    His job to evaluate and make it happen.
    Fact he let Martellus walk and picks up Myers instead of having this combination MAY just become his biggest blunder to date.
    Reese didnt even attempt to explain the money situation to these guys...it mighta just worked.

  6. #6
    All-Pro Kase-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    BK 2 LI
    Posts
    12,237
    We have much MUCH more pressing needs on our team than signing a vet DE that will ask for more than we can give. We have to re-sign our MLB, DE, at least 2 CBs, in addition to addressing out OL, RB, TE, and WR spots. Like I said we have WAY too many needs that dont concern DE, we could get away with drafting a DE and starting JPP and hopefully Moore if we cant resign Tuck or Kiwi
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'


  7. #7
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    37,474
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    I dont buy it for a second.
    GMs job is to be able to fiddle numbers.
    Martellus even said he would play for less with the opportunity to play with his brother.
    IF Michael goes to Chicago on a reduced salary for the same reason...thats on Reese.
    His job to evaluate and make it happen.
    Fact he let Martellus walk and picks up Myers instead of having this combination MAY just become his biggest blunder to date.
    Reese didnt even attempt to explain the money situation to these guys...it mighta just worked.
    8 million dollars a year Michael Bennett is going to get. 8 million.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    14,317
    Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    I dont buy it for a second.
    GMs job is to be able to fiddle numbers.
    Martellus even said he would play for less with the opportunity to play with his brother.
    IF Michael goes to Chicago on a reduced salary for the same reason...thats on Reese.
    His job to evaluate and make it happen.
    Fact he let Martellus walk and picks up Myers instead of having this combination MAY just become his biggest blunder to date.
    Reese didnt even attempt to explain the money situation to these guys...it mighta just worked.
    We had no money to do this last year. It isn't just as simple as "fiddling numbers."

  9. #9
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,420
    Bennett just re-signed on a 4/yr deal with the Hawks.

    http://www.profootballrumors.com/sea...our-year-deal/

  10. #10
    All-Pro BigBlueBoricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Posts
    6,171
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Bennett just re-signed on a 4/yr deal with the Hawks.

    http://www.profootballrumors.com/sea...our-year-deal/
    They are going for the Repeat SB
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

    Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts