GO BIG BLUE>>>> ALL IN!!!

Veteran

Re: Special cake made by THE CAKE BOSS>>>

wow that is awesome

That is a awesome cake!!

Veteran

Awesome! I got a cake from Carlo's Bakery (Cake Boss) for my parents 40th anniversary, it was friggin' delicious. The Lobster Tail pastries and Cannoli's there are also amazingly good. They incorporate the Mascarpone cheese in much of their best pastries probably moreso than most Italian bakeries and it makes a world of difference.
    Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Bench Player

I was born in Brooklyn and now live n Fort Worth. Of all the posts I has seen here before finally posting this is by far the hardest to take!There is no Marscapone west of the Mississippi! haha! What a cruel remonder of what we left behind! Plus I am smack in the middle of Cowboy country( my wife was born and bred here and all of here relatives are Cowboy diehards!) Brother, can you spare a connoli?

Bench Player

Sorry for typo. should be have not has. I know someone will eviserate me for spelling. lol

Veteran

[quote user="Bluesmagoo"]I was born in Brooklyn and now live n Fort Worth. Of all the posts I has seen here before finally posting this is by far the hardest to take!There is no Marscapone west of the Mississippi! haha! What a cruel remonder of what we left behind! Plus I am smack in the middle of Cowboy country( my wife was born and bred here and all of here relatives are Cowboy diehards!) Brother, can you spare a connoli?[/quote]

There'll be a day soon where you can order Carlo's baked goods online and have them shipped all over the country. I work in Jersey City and take a light rail to and from work. While the original bakery of Cake Boss is still residing in Hoboken, Carlo's has bought a distribution warehouse with their name on itin Jersey City that is visible from my light rail ride each day. The goal will be that Carlo's will mass produce their product in this baking warehouse and ship all across the country. Cake Boss Buddy Valastro has promised that the product will not suffer and will be as good as what you can get at the bakery itself. So hold out hope my friend, you will in the not so distant future enjoy those great Mascarpone treats again. In the meantime, I bet if you hunt around hard enough in Fort Worth you will find an Italian specialty foods storewhere you can get your hands on the Mascarpone cheese lol.

Try these places:

http://www.yellowpages.com/fort-wort...grocery-stores

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

Like the cake but Carlo's isn't even the best bakery in Hoboken......just sayin....it's overcommercialized and overhyped.....not to mention the frickin zombies who crowd my town and wait in line for hours for a second rate cannoli....

Veteran

[quote user="BlueJayC"]Like the cake but Carlo's isn't even the best bakery in Hoboken......just sayin....it's overcommercialized and overhyped.....not to mention the frickin zombies who crowd my town and wait in line for hours for a second rate cannoli....[/quote]

I have tried each and every bakery in Hoboken as I have lived in/near this area since 2001 and still do, I willswear by Carlo's every time. You are way off on the quality of the cannoli's. IMO they are excellent.

[quote user="repeatchamps"]

[quote user="BlueJayC"]Like the cake but Carlo's isn't even the best bakery in Hoboken......just sayin....it's overcommercialized and overhyped.....not to mention the frickin zombies who crowd my town and wait in line for hours for a second rate cannoli....[/quote]

I have tried each and every bakery in Hoboken as I have lived in/near this area since 2001 and still do, I willswear by Carlo's every time. You are way off on the quality of the cannoli's. IMO they are excellent.

[/quote]

To each their own......to tell you the truth I've never met a cannoli I didn't like.....I just prefer some over others.