Closed Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Yeah but how many players are complete sociopaths to not only make a mistake or lose control in the heat of the moment, but to commit premeditated murder on 8 separate occasions, and indirectly killed countless others.

Yes they were just dogs. But that's the kind of thing that complete psychopaths do before moving on to bigger fish.

Not saying Vick is a psychopath or that is THE prerequisite to losing your mind, but the deliberate aspect of it all is the most telling-- It's not just something he slipped up on. He intentionally committed heinous crimes over and over and over again.

Can't say that I scorn Vick as much as in the past; he's served his time, he's endured a lot of justified ridicule, but there just seems like there is something fundamentally wrong with his morals/way of life.
    Thank you!! Vick's actions are utterly contemptible because they were cold and calculated. And I just can't buy that he's done his time, since he still got back his millions of dollars. The least the NFL could have done was ban him. He didn't deserve a job in the NFL after that.

screw Vick and screw anyone who thinks he deserved a second chance

Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    Thank you!! Vick's actions are utterly contemptible because they were cold and calculated. And I just can't buy that he's done his time, since he still got back his millions of dollars. The least the NFL could have done was ban him. He didn't deserve a job in the NFL after that.
    He lost 2 years of his life in prison.... Give me a break. There are killers who do less time, human killers, who have good lawyers. Vick was an example, just like Plax was. Sure they were in the wrong, and knew they were, but if you can honestly sit here and tell me thier crimes were worse then a murderers of human life, than there is something wrong with you.

Do I like Vick? No. Do I think what he did was ok? No. Do I believe he did his time and probably too much? Yes. What he does after his sentence is up to him. Some people fall and dont get up, some people learn from their mistakes. I just look around the world and see so much worse, including white crimes happening every day that are much more impactful and hurt so many more people in the world, and those guys are looked up at. Its scary the things that go on that society just doesnt know about or just doesnt care about. Complete hypocrisy.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

How about Ray Lewis? Aaron Hernandez? OJ Simpson? Is Vick more reprehensible than those three?

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Child molesters and sick child predators get less time than Vick did.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    The ridiculously low sentences are a different debate but nobody is considered lower in society than sex offenders. Wont see any of them playing sports. Their lack of athletic ability is one of the reasons they target the weak.

I swear, some of you people think a burgler has the right to sue the house owner if he trips and falls while robbing the house in the middle of the night and breaks an ankle.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    Sex offenders and those that abuse animals are in the same boat; they take advantage of those helpless that can't defend themselves. I just cannot imagine why Vick is safe in this world, let alone entitled to have a job making millions in the NFL; he was responsible for a reprehensible act. So, torture dogs, do two years in prison and you served your penance because other scum don't get as much time? Well, other scum is in registries and likely cannot find jobs. Vick got his million-dollar job back.
    Last edited by strahantuck1; 03-25-2014 at 09:38 AM.

Vick is scum, no doubt about it. And the dog-killer label will follow him for the rest of his life, as it should.

But how can people be so up in arms about Vick being allowed to play in the NFL when you have so many other players over the years that have a history of assault, murder, manslaughter, etc still allowed to make millions? If the league, and NFL fans to an extent, didn't tolerate convicted felons or people with criminal histories playing football then Vick would never have been allowed back into the league to begin with.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by strahantuck1 View Post
    Sex offenders and those that abuse animals are in the same boat; they take advantage of those helpless that can't defend themselves. I just cannot imagine why Vick is safe in this world, let alone entitled to have a job making millions in the NFL; he was responsible for a reprehensible act. So, torture dogs, do two years in prison and you served your penance because other scum don't get as much time? Well, other scum is in registries and likely cannot find jobs. Vick got his million-dollar job back.
    REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues