Closed Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Bench Player
    Besides the facts that he served his time , been nothing but a class act in Philthadelphia , took the air out of the BSPN 's insistance on painting Riley Cooper as a racist , and has done no wrong since being reinstated . And where do you come off saying Stallworths remorse was real and Vicks was not . Another ridiculous post by a fellow Giant fan . Guess you gotta take the good with the bad

Quote Originally Posted by 19Leo61 View Post
    REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues
    You didnt know? Murdering a human and stealing a candy bar from the gas station are the same crime!
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    Vick is scum, no doubt about it. And the dog-killer label will follow him for the rest of his life, as it should.

But how can people be so up in arms about Vick being allowed to play in the NFL when you have so many other players over the years that have a history of assault, murder, manslaughter, etc still allowed to make millions? If the league, and NFL fans to an extent, didn't tolerate convicted felons or people with criminal histories playing football then Vick would never have been allowed back into the league to begin with.
    Well Said King. +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Two arrests and you get suspended one season without pay, no question. Three arrests or you serve jail time, and you forfeit any money owed to you (it gets donated to charity) and you're kicked out of the NFL.

Not much though went into that, but if the league implemented penalties of that sort, maybe it would force players to sort themselves out.

As it stands, the league makes millionaires of far too many pieces of ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Two arrests and you get suspended one season without pay, no question. Three arrests or you serve jail time, and you forfeit any money owed to you (it gets donated to charity) and you're kicked out of the NFL.

Not much though went into that, but if the league implemented penalties of that sort, maybe it would force players to sort themselves out.

As it stands, the league makes millionaires of far too many pieces of ****.
    +100 Exactly. Yet the league then imposes a penalty for excessive celebrating or dunking the football, when these matters of conduct are the much more serious issue. These " Priorities " are assbackwards.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Leo61 View Post
    REALLY ??? Sex offenders and a person who kills dogs are in the same boat ??? I personally think that people like you might have something wrong with them . You cannot equate human life with an animals life ! Thats really the bigger problem . You would have a human killed because he killed dogs . Read that a few times and tell me who really has issues
    I would prefer them all in the same boat if that boat was the Titanic. I would personally hold their heads underwater until the bubbles stop. There is no place in a civilized society for any of those type of people. Not only do they prey on innocent and the weak they have near 0% rehabilitation rates.

Let's clarify something. Vick didn't just "kill dogs", he tortured them and killed them for pure pleasure. He organized, managed and profited from a multi state criminal enterprise whose core business was the drawn out torture of innocent animals. His organization is also linked to hundreds of dog thefts in the communities around the area to use as bait dogs. This is a person whose psyche is based purely on violence and control, very little difference between his mind and the mind of a sex offender.

In Puerto Rico The National sport is **** ( other word for rooster )fighting. In Spain it is Bullfighting. In Japan Dogfighting is very popular. Pittbull fighting in the U.S. is a very popular underground sport with lots of money involved.

http://www.usnews.com/news/newsgram/...-fighting-raid

http://people.howstuffworks.com/dogfighting1.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dog_fig..._United_States

Again as I posted previously, child molesters who commit much more evil crimes do less time than Vick did. The court docs even mention that he was not present at these (his) houses his cousins and "friends" were using to conduct these illegal dogfights. I agree with Penguinfarmer and Flip, that many NFL players have gotten away with much worse and still have their NFL careers.

This is the NFL's fault for picking their legal battles. Vick did his time, others did not. I am not condoning Vicks actions, but the facts are that there are many players that did worse and still play in the NFL without serving time.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    He was found guilty and paid for his crimes with jail time and financial losses. I think this thread is childish and a big waste.
    It takes a special kind of cruelty to do what Michael Vick did. He should have been kicked out of the league for good.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    There is no place in a civilized society for any of those type of people. Not only do they prey on innocent and the weak they have near 0% rehabilitation rates.

Let's clarify something. Vick didn't just "kill dogs", he tortured them and killed them for pure pleasure. He organized, managed and profited from a multi state criminal enterprise whose core business was the drawn out torture of innocent animals. His organization is also linked to hundreds of dog thefts in the communities around the area to use as bait dogs. This is a person whose psyche is based purely on violence and control, very little difference between his mind and the mind of a sex offender.
    Exactly. It is ludicrous for anyone here to justify his actions, say others do worse, or tell me he's paid his dues. I think some moron even stated "Well, he found Jesus, so he's O.K., now".

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    It takes a special kind of cruelty to do what Michael Vick did. He should have been kicked out of the league for good.
    Agreed. In the real world, having a criminal conviction to your name makes it harder to find work, whereas in the NFL, a guy can just waltz right out of prison and into a multi-million dollar contract.

It isn't right. The league effectively condones these players' actions by willfully employing them.