Closed Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aufidius View Post
    I think the point the poster was trying to make with George Zimmerman is that there are people walking around that have done worse than Mike Vick and people on here don't seem as upset about that.

People on here don't seem as upset about Dante Stallworth as they do with Mike Vick and Dante Stallworth killed a human being.

This argument is asinine. People have the capacity to have strong feelings about many different topics and situations. There are literally thousands of them and they are not currently being discussed in this thread. This thread was about Vick......to suggest the others are somehow absolved from their actions because we haven't brought them into the conversation is just........well.....you know.......stupid. No one is surprised.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    This argument is asinine. People have the capacity to have strong feelings about many different topics and situations. There are literally thousands of them and they are not currently being discussed in this thread. This thread was about Vick......to suggest the others are somehow absolved from their actions because we haven't brought them into the conversation is just........well.....you know.......stupid. No one is surprised.
    Agreed fbom, and the point about stallworth is irrelevant to this topic. IMO the reason myself and so many others have with Vick is that he is a liar and played off that bogus I'm sorry BS after he was proven guilty. He got his second chance and hasn't been a bad citizen since but I'll always find him to be a hack

Banned
    You really have no clue. It is perfectly fine to use a other instance or individual to compare and make a point. The fact that cannot comprehend this fact shows us a lot in regard to you limited creative ability which helps further explain your abysmal failure as a musician.

You really have no clue. It is perfectly fine to use a other instance or individual to compare and make a point. The fact that cannot comprehend this fact shows us a lot in regard to you limited creative ability which helps further explain your abysmal failure as a musician.
    You were not making a comparison of situations. You were saying people don't care as much about the other situations because they aren't talking about it in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Please at least TRY and keep up.....or find a 4th grader who can explain it to you better. I cannot dumb things down any further than I have already.

This is why we keep coming back to your lack of real intellect. You just can never really grasp things without having to dumb things down for you. You just lash out with dumb and idiotic personal insults that have no bearing on the conversation or reality. You don't have a clue about much of anything but least of all what my personal life is like. All of these things lead back to you continually showing everyone here how stupid you are.

You commenting on other posters lack of creativity and "clueness" is the height of hypocrisy! You're and idiot and you don't have any idea that you are.
    Last edited by FBomb; 06-01-2014 at 04:04 PM.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by rainierjef View Post
    Trayvon martins killer is walking free, making a living, but here we a are still condemning Michael Vick for Hus crime to animals. They eat dogs in Afghanistan and dome other third world countries, maybe we should incarcerate those people as well. The domestic tag is attached to a dog/cat so people view them as family/ an extension of a human, but what if whoever decided dogs were pets thought a chicken would make a better pet than a dog? Then we're all murderes, except vegans, that is essentially the vegan argument.

I am a dog lover, hate cats they are useless.
    Well, when that **** head becomes an NFL QB, we'll concern ourselves with him.

Also, as mentioned, cultural relativism comes into play when discussing certain topics, like cuisine. However, there are some things where it's just used as an excuse for deplorable behavior, such as dog fighting.

For the record, even though I eat meat, I'm against things like **** fights, too. While some may see that as dichotomous, it really isn't. If one is going to kill an animal for food (and/or other resources), then it's okay. However, to kill an animal for pure enjoyment or even worse for not "performing" up to standards is savage.

People on here don't seem as upset about Dante Stallworth as they do with Mike Vick and Dante Stallworth killed a human being.
    Here's the rub. Vick continually lied and committed his acts over years. Stallworth made a horrific and tragic error. One shows a consistent pattern of illegal and sociopathic behavior, the other an incredibly tragic and dumb case of poor judgment. Stallworth also immediately called the police after the accident. Showing actual remorse goes a long way. There's also the fact that the man he hit was a bigger cause of the accident than Stallworth's intoxication. It was actually stated that even if Stallworth had been sober at the time that it was unlikely he would have been able to avoid striking Mr. Reyes. The plea bargain that Stallworth came to was in agreement with the family of the deceased. Stallworth also took the plea instead of fighting the charges, which his lawyers were pretty certain he could have beaten, because he thought it was the right thing to do.

I'm in no ways forgiving Stallworth from driving under the influence, however, one case was an accident and the other was premeditated over years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Here's the rub. Vick continually lied and committed his acts over years. Stallworth made a horrific and tragic error. One shows a consistent pattern of illegal and sociopathic behavior, the other an incredibly tragic and dumb case of poor judgment. Stallworth also immediately called the police after the accident. Showing actual remorse goes a long way. There's also the fact that the man he hit was a bigger cause of the accident than Stallworth's intoxication. It was actually stated that even if Stallworth had been sober at the time that it was unlikely he would have been able to avoid striking Mr. Reyes. The plea bargain that Stallworth came to was in agreement with the family of the deceased. Stallworth also took the plea instead of fighting the charges, which his lawyers were pretty certain he could have beaten, because he thought it was the right thing to do.

I'm in no ways forgiving Stallworth from driving under the influence, however, one case was an accident and the other was premeditated over years.
    Good post. I didn't know all that about Dante Stallworth. After reading your post I look at him differently. He's still wrong for what he did but it's a lot different than the way I thought it was.

You were not making a comparison of situations. You were saying people don't care as much about the other situations because they aren't talking about it in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Please at least TRY and keep up.....or find a 4th grader who can explain it to you better. I cannot dumb things down any further than I have already.

This is why we keep coming back to your lack of real intellect. You just can never really grasp things without having to dumb things down for you. You just lash out with dumb and idiotic personal insults that have no bearing on the conversation or reality. You don't have a clue about much of anything but least of all what my personal life is like. All of these things lead back to you continually showing everyone here how stupid you are.

You commenting on other posters lack of creativity and "clueness" is the height of hypocrisy! You're and idiot and you don't have any idea that you are.

Also, as mentioned, cultural relativism comes into play when discussing certain topics, like cuisine. However, there are some things where it's just used as an excuse for deplorable behavior, such as dog fighting.

For the record, even though I eat meat, I'm against things like **** fights, too. While some may see that as dichotomous, it really isn't. If one is going to kill an animal for food (and/or other resources), then it's okay. However, to kill an animal for pure enjoyment or even worse for not "performing" up to standards is savage.

Two excellent posts. I'm glad to see that the "majority" here "gets it"..

The Drive for Super Bowl Championship #5!!!

Banned

You're obviously still upset you never made it as a musician. You need to come to grips with that.

Banned

There's nothing wrong with eating but how do you feel about the treatment of animals in most slaughterhouses?