+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    Thank God hopefully well never have to see him again...unless its the Super Bowl of course
    Hes one of two players over there who I thought was a class act. Good for him
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

players become all about the money, not all but a lot do. They are getting paid millions to do something they love and something we do in our back yard for free. I would play on the NYG for what I make now in the military. I would do whatever they wanted for 50K. lol

I never try to be something I'm not,

Eli Manning

Veteran
    WOW!

I can hear Beatty screaming for joy here in Texas!

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    players become all about the money, not all but a lot do. They are getting paid millions to do something they love and something we do in our back yard for free. I would play on the NYG for what I make now in the military. I would do whatever they wanted for 50K. lol
    Thanks for your service.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

I wish D.Ware signed with the Giants-the dude can play in the 4-3

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedYouth85 View Post
    No offense, but I hate that oversimplification of professional sports. We all fist fights growing up, and maybe even as adults. We all have played back yard football as well. To compare that to guys like Floyd Mayweather, and Jon Beason that have been training their entire lives and working at becoming good at these sports seems silly.

Great story: Vinny Testaverde thought himself a great tennis player in his own right. He's friend with Jim Courier, so one day he challenged him to a game. Vinny's first serve Courier returned it for a winning point with the handle of his raquet. There in lies the difference between backyard sports and professionals.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by flimflam View Post
    I wish D.Ware signed with the Giants-the dude can play in the 4-3
    He can play in anything.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Thanks for your service.
    No problem! I like doing what I do.. been 10 years this year. Wouldn't change that for anything!

Well maybe a full ride through college and playing for the NYG or Yankees lol

Eli Manning

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    No offense, but I hate that oversimplification of professional sports. We all fist fights growing up, and maybe even as adults. We all have played back yard football as well. To compare that to guys like Floyd Mayweather, and Jon Beason that have been training their entire lives and working at becoming good at these sports seems silly.

Great story: Vinny Testaverde thought himself a great tennis player in his own right. He's friend with Jim Courier, so one day he challenged him to a game. Vinny's first serve Courier returned it for a winning point with the handle of his raquet. There in lies the difference between backyard sports and professionals.

They are obviously better than us and are getting paid the money for a reason. I was just stating that for the fact of Allen saying pay me what I want or I'll retire. That is greedy IMO.

Eli Manning