+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Big Blue Will Eat Green Bay's Lunch

Osi has every reason to explode on Rodgers . He wants a new contract, He definitely wants another Super Bowl Ring on His resume. And He has the world stage to flex His Muscles, and Strut His Stuff.

All-Pro

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="fourth&forever"]We have to play well enough to overcome both the refs and the Pack. That will take a tremendous team effort. We're picking up steam. We can do it.[/quote]Agreed. That game is over and done with and it ultimately meant jack. Plus we were all still licking our wounds after the team started to collapse. This game is the one that matters. Time to take it!
    [/quote]</P>

I actually think it is really more to our Advantage that we lost that game. We all were rooting for the win in that last 58seconds but in hind sight the best thing that could have happened to us was for AR to drive them into FG range and beat us. It makes us that much more Hungry when we go up there knowing we fell just short and a few plays were called poss incorrectly. I think had we won that game that the advantage for this one would swing in their favor. They would be pumped saying the first one was a fluke and want revenge. The way it played out made us have to play harder toward the end just to make the playoffs and got us on a hot streak. </P>
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Looking forward to another great historic battle with the Giants. There was was, is and always will be respect for the Giants in GB. I don't know why, just is. Which makes for an awesome environment.

This is going to be one helluva game as usual but with Clifton, Pickett, Starks, Bishop and Jennings back at full strength we should win. Mainly because I think everyone is underestimating the Packers running game and the defense does not give up TD's.

Veteran

[quote user="miked1958"]

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="fourth&amp;forever"]We have to play well enough to overcome both the refs and the Pack. That will take a tremendous team effort. We're picking up steam. We can do it.[/quote]Agreed. That game is over and done with and it ultimately meant jack. Plus we were all still licking our wounds after the team started to collapse. This game is the one that matters. Time to take it!
    [/quote]</p>

I actually think it is really more to our Advantage that we lost that game. We all were rooting for the win in that last 58seconds but in hind sight the best thing that could have happened to us was for AR to drive them into FG range and beat us. It makes us that much more Hungry when we go up there knowing we fell just short and a few plays were called poss incorrectly. I think had we won that game that the advantage for this one would swing in their favor. They would be pumped saying the first one was a fluke and want revenge. The way it played out made us have to play harder toward the end just to make the playoffs and got us on a hot streak. </p>[/quote]Thats basically what im saying. The first game while it works more in our favor ultimately meant nothing. This is it right now. And like you said, we have the advantage of being the hungrier team.

Veteran

[quote user="PeprahParade"]Looking forward to another great historic battle with the Giants. There was was, is and always will be respect for the Giants in GB. I don't know why, just is. Which makes for an awesome environment.

This is going to be one helluva game as usual but with Clifton, Pickett, Starks, Bishop and Jennings back at full strength we should win. Mainly because I think everyone is underestimating the Packers running game <u>and the defense does not give up TD's</u>.[/quote]Yeah the giants only put up 35 points on you guys......

Also we stopped Mike Turner, top 5 back in the league I'm pretty sure we can stop Ryan Grant.

I hope for a good clean game. And one that we ultimately win! []

[quote user="PeprahParade"]Looking forward to another great historic battle with the Giants. There was was, is and always will be respect for the Giants in GB. I don't know why, just is. Which makes for an awesome environment.

This is going to be one helluva game as usual but with Clifton, Pickett, Starks, Bishop and Jennings back at full strength we should win. Mainly because I think everyone is underestimating the Packers running game and the defense does not give up TD's.[/quote]

That respect likely comes from our long NFL histories. Packers joined in 1921 and the Giants in 1925. Lombardi coached for each. Lots of things in common. We're proud of our 7 Championship Titles and definitely admire your 13. The respect is mutual my worthy opponent. The respect is mutual.

This will be a great game!

You guys hell-bent on eating someone's lunch? Might I recommend a dog-crap sandwich on rye? What?? You don't eat bread? Oh...OK.

Hey...all stupid talk aside...as Peprah states, there is and always will be a ton of respect for the Giants and the Giants' organization as a whole in Green Bay.

Some of the reasons are historic but most are the manner in which the Giants have always chosen to conduct business year-in and year-out. I am a diehard fan of THE GAME whose favorite team is the Packers by birth-right, you know? My son...me...my father...his father ... blah blah blah ... you guys live the same thing so you know what I'm talking about. The Giants and their fans have always done it right and it's easier for a Packers' fan to 'respect' an organization that has been around forever and that has fans who know the history and the game.

That said, plan on eating your own f'n lunch and try keeping it down as your guys follow Jennings and Nelson into the endzone ... it'll make for some great SportsCenter highlights all night Sunday and all day Monday. []

Bench Player

The East Coast media loves to talk about how the Giants were without Osi, etc, and that's it. And how the Packers got lucky because of it.

No mention that our starting Left Tackle (Clifton) was out, as well as our starting Right Guard (Sitton)! That makes rushing the passer a lot easier.

Our regular starting offensive line will be back for the first time since Week 3. Clifton--Lang--Wells--Sitton--Bulaga.

Our starting inside linebackers will also be back.

Woodson left the game in the 4th quarter, making it a lot easier on Eli to make plays.

The Packers are averaging 40 points a game at home.

All it comes down to is our offensive line protecting Rodgers. If they do that, he's going to carve up that pitiful Giants secondary something awful.

41-27 Pack

[quote user="weeds123"]You guys hell-bent on eating someone's lunch? Might I recommend a dog-crap sandwich on rye? What?? You don't eat bread? Oh...OK.

Hey...all stupid talk aside...as Peprah states, there is and always will be a ton of respect for the Giants and the Giants' organization as a whole in Green Bay.

Some of the reasons are historic but most are the manner in which the Giants have always chosen to conduct business year-in and year-out. I am a diehard fan of THE GAME whose favorite team is the Packers by birth-right, you know? My son...me...my father...his father ... blah blah blah ... you guys live the same thing so you know what I'm talking about. The Giants and their fans have always done it right and it's easier for a Packers' fan to 'respect' an organization that has been around forever and that has fans who know the history and the game.

That said, plan on eating your own f'n lunch and try keeping it down as your guys follow Jennings and Nelson into the endzone ... it'll make for some great SportsCenter highlights all night Sunday and all day Monday. []
    [/quote]Hey Weeds. What's up bro? I tried to follow Jennings and Nelson to the end zone but all I saw was Nicks and Mario getting in to your endzone. What gives? Hope you are enjoying the Highlights especially the Hail Mary. Next time, know that Eli owns Lambeau just like he owns Jerry's super duper Dallas stadium. Now go to your MB and talk who needs to be fired and enjoy your off season.

[quote user="whowhat"]The East Coast media loves to talk about how the Giants were without Osi, etc, and that's it. And how the Packers got lucky because of it.

No mention that our starting Left Tackle (Clifton) was out, as well as our starting Right Guard (Sitton)! That makes rushing the passer a lot easier.

Our regular starting offensive line will be back for the first time since Week 3. Clifton--Lang--Wells--Sitton--Bulaga.

Our starting inside linebackers will also be back.

Woodson left the game in the 4th quarter, making it a lot easier on Eli to make plays.

The Packers are averaging 40 points a game at home.

All it comes down to is our offensive line protecting Rodgers. If they do that, he's going to carve up that pitiful Giants secondary something awful.

41-27 Pack
    [/quote]You see you got that all wrong. It was not about "carving" but more about "grating". I guess Rodgers couldn't carve but Eli did some serious cheese grating!