+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Who was the greatest RB of all time?

I know his career was shortened by injury which probably keeps him off the list, but for me the ultimate RB of all time was Bo Jackson....

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="jomo"]OJ Simpson has to be on the top 10 list unless we choose to simply ignore his existence which would be OK with me.[/quote]

Yeah OJ was pretty killer back in the day.[/quote]

i see what you did there...this guy

The question is " the greatest" and that word is very subjective so for me in the schoolyard; first I take Jim Brown, next I'd take either Sanders or Payton then a flock of RB's including Ron Dayne somewhere in there!!!

Veteran

I'm too young to say anything about Jim Brown, but my old man told me he was the best he ever saw.</P>

Veteran

Any list without Joe Morris is totally incomplete.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

I'm too young to say anything about Jim Brown, but my old man told me he was the best he ever saw.</P>[/quote]

jim brown or barry sanders

Veteran

The best running back (running, blocking, receiving) I've seen was Payton, IMO....but Barry Sanders, the best pure runner.</P>

I'd put Emmitt Smith right up their too....I hated and feared him when he was playing.</P>

Veteran

[quote user="JMFP2"]

The best running back* (running, blocking, receiving) I've seen was Payton, IMO....but Barry Sanders, the best pure runner.</P>

I'd put Emmitt Smith right up their too....I hated and feared him when he was playing.</P>[/quote]

Smith is probably the most overrated back (although still HOF caliber). He had maybe the greatest offensive line of all time blocking for him. He also played forever and stayed pretty much healthy throughout his career, which results in amazing career stats. I'll give him a lot of credit for production, but I don't think he compares to these guys in ability.

yeah, gotta go with Payton, just because of his patience, vision, and tackle breaking ability.

actually, you see him and Sanders are two sides of the same coin.

Bench Player

I'm an 80's baby, so I didn't get to see him but from highlights, I've always been amazed by Earl Campbell. Such power. And speed for a big man it seemed he had. It looked like he always kept those legs churning, and had incredible lower body strength to match the upper.