+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eagles Get Sproles

Love the move.

Lower McCoy's touches and incorporate a guy who isn't exactly in his prime.

These are the kinds of moves that I just don't fear. Dominant pass rusher or DT signed? Okay, you got better. An actual number 1 WR for the Eagles? They'd get better. An older luxury player that's not even as good as your current guy? Let him eat up the cap space.

Not worried at all, to me the move makes no sense at all... they have Mccoy, and I bet he is not happy about this.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Love the move.

Lower McCoy's touches and incorporate a guy who isn't exactly in his prime.

These are the kinds of moves that I just don't fear. Dominant pass rusher or DT signed? Okay, you got better. An actual number 1 WR for the Eagles? They'd get better. An older luxury player that's not even as good as your current guy? Let him eat up the cap space.
    I agree with everything you just said, I would much rather see the ball in Sproles hands then Mccoy.
    Should the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Ugh

On paper, it's a good move for the Eagles because it gives them another weapon on offense. But McCoy is still the engine that makes the Eagles offense run. If you can try to limit McCoy's impact on the field you slow the Eagles down.
    One of these teams is not like the others

I've overreacted to Jets/Eagles off-season moves in the past, I fell for "Dream Team" hook/line/sinker. Pissed and moaned about the Giants lack of big moves in FA. That season ended with the Lombardi in the NYG trophy case, so I'm gonna bite my lip for now...

sounds like we might have to get creative with Will Hill, Beason will get burned every time in coverage. Could be a Westbroke vs. Pierce situation.....

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG216 View Post
    Here's to hoping the soon to be 31 year old rb is past his prime.
    He is. He was really frustrating to watch last year (as a Saints fan). He was noticeably slower and it really limited what we could do on offense. The burst simply isn't there anymore. I've always been a fan of his and was excited when he came to New Orleans and produced (though never as a KR/PR like I'd hoped), but last year it was pretty evident that the decline was starting.

Any touches he takes away from McCoy is a net gain. But I suspect he'll be split out a bit more or used catching passes out of the backfield. He was a nice option on the wheel routes, but he wasn't effective in the screen game consistently. He can be a decent option, but he's not the threat/weapon that he's been in the past.

The NFC East shouldn't feel all that threatened.

And the Malcolm Jenkins signing should have the NFC East elated. So glad to see him go.

Quote Originally Posted by 45Jones View Post
    I've overreacted to Jets/Eagles off-season moves in the past, I fell for "Dream Team" hook/line/sinker. Pissed and moaned about the Giants lack of big moves in FA. That season ended with the Lombardi in the NYG trophy case, so I'm gonna bite my lip for now...
    That's almost exactly how I see it, too. I'll be honest, I'm not sure if it's clouding my judgment on this move, but it just feels like yet another gimmick from the Eagles.

Mobile QB!
    Blitz ALL the time!
    Wild Cat formation with Vick!
    DREAM TEAM!
    Chip Kelly, Team speed, no huddle. Go. GO. GOO!!
    Back field speed overload!

Just... build a team that can line up and compete traditionally and you may go far, Eagles. Build a hard nosed team that can blow people up off the line of scrimmage without some kind of new crazy scheme. Get some depth in important positions like DL and OL to form a nice rotation. And get a legitimate number 1, big bodied receiver that can allow DJax to be the weapon that he is.
    Last edited by Ntegrase96; 03-13-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tox View Post
    He is. He was really frustrating to watch last year (as a Saints fan). He was noticeably slower and it really limited what we could do on offense. The burst simply isn't there anymore. I've always been a fan of his and was excited when he came to New Orleans and produced (though never as a KR/PR like I'd hoped), but last year it was pretty evident that the decline was starting.

Any touches he takes away from McCoy is a net gain. But I suspect he'll be split out a bit more or used catching passes out of the backfield. He was a nice option on the wheel routes, but he wasn't effective in the screen game consistently. He can be a decent option, but he's not the threat/weapon that he's been in the past.

The NFC East shouldn't feel all that threatened.

And the Malcolm Jenkins signing should have the NFC East elated. So glad to see him go.
    Kind of reminds me of when we acquired Deion back in the 90s. I expected him to be a dynamic return guy. He had some flashes, but overall I just wasn't impressed.

Anyway, thanks for the input Saints fan. I was amazed at the job Ryan did with your defense last year. I criticized him in the offseason, but it seems as though Jerry was the dumb one (yet again).

+ Reply to Thread