+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you compare RG3 to?

Who would you compare RG3 to?

I think he's similar to Colt McCoy. Just faster.

All-Pro

Re: Who would you compare RG3 to?

[quote user="Mod_N"]I think he's similar to Colt McCoy. Just faster.
    [/quote]

Taller, and most likely a bigger arm.

[/quote]

McCoy?!...I don't see it at all....Maybe the accuracy part they had in college but Colt was throwing dink's and dunks while Griffin was more accurate throwing the ball down field. Griffin's arm is much better than Colt's too.

[quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

Taller, and most likely a bigger arm.

[/quote]

Yeah bigger arm, but I think they've got the same accuracy. I think Colt could go through the progressions a little better than RG at that point in his career.

[quote user="titwio"][quote user="Mod_N"]I think he's similar to Colt McCoy. Just faster.
    [/quote]

McCoy?!...I don't see it at all....Maybe the accuracy part they had in college but Colt was throwing dink's and dunks while Griffin was more accurate throwing the ball down field. Griffin's arm is much better than Colt's too.[/quote]To be fair, RG3 throws A LOT of balls under 5 yards. Watching the bowl game vs Washington and the OK State game, the coaches kept him away from throwing the ball down the middle of the field. He tossed it maybe 3 times between the hashes in the bowl game, completed only one of them.

I don't remember Colt winning no Heisman. I'll compare RG3 to RG3 for now until I see him play in the pros. Next year is gonna be interesting. Luck, RG3, Cam's 2nd year, Dalton... a lot of young exciting QB's in the league.

[quote user="BornLegend"]I don't remember Colt winning no Heisman. I'll compare RG3 to RG3 for now until I see him play in the pros. Next year is gonna be interesting. Luck, RG3, Cam's 2nd year, Dalton... a lot of young exciting QB's in the league.[/quote]

Colt was runnerup in 2008, so it's not like he was very far away from one.

You always have to raise an eyebrow for QBs who ran a predominate spread offense from the shotgun in college. I think he will easily be the better QB than Colt, but at an estimated #2-4 overall pick, you should be hoping for one of the eventual best QBs in the league correct? I wonder how much of Cam Newton's success this year has shed some merited concerns.

Veteran

That's a tough question...

I think he could be similar to McNabb, but with a higher ceiling. He's got a huge arm and a knack for fitting the ball in tight windows (for a good point in the year, he threw more TD's than incompletions), However he also has Olympic speed... but he doesn't like to run, he's a throw-first QB, and EXTREMELY intelligent.

Honestly, I think the Colts could be better served to trade away the Luck pick, and maneuver around to get Griffin + additional talent. He could step in and play if Peyton goes down again, but he could be an absolute terror after learning how to be a Pro QB from Peyton. (depending on his health, of course).

[quote user="BornLegend"]I don't remember Colt winning no Heisman. I'll compare RG3 to RG3 for now until I see him play in the pros. Next year is gonna be interesting. Luck, RG3, Cam's 2nd year, Dalton... a lot of young exciting QB's in the league.[/quote]hahah okay and I never saw RG3 in the national championship game. I'm just saying... they're similar passers.

[quote user="bLuereverie"][quote user="BornLegend"]I don't remember Colt winning no Heisman. I'll compare RG3 to RG3 for now until I see him play in the pros. Next year is gonna be interesting. Luck, RG3, Cam's 2nd year, Dalton... a lot of young exciting QB's in the league.[/quote]

Colt was runnerup in 2008, so it's not like he was very far away from one.

You always have to raise an eyebrow for QBs who ran a predominate spread offense from the shotgun in college. I think he will easily be the better QB than Colt, but at an estimated #2-4 overall pick, you should be hoping for one of the eventual best QBs in the league correct? I wonder how much of Cam Newton's success this year has shed some merited concerns.[/quote]

I agree with this, I think Cam really did have a big impact. But I think he's more likely to be a Colt than a Cam... Cam is a once in a lifetime athlete, too big and fast. I think RG3 will better than Colt, but just a comparison. There's a lot of QBs that don't live up to the hype.

+ Reply to Thread