+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why Troy Niklas is a better fit than Ebron

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    DT in the first round? That would not be very smart.
    When the guy plays like this then I have absolutely no problem with it. Here are his highlights from last season

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.TRUEBLUE View Post
    We are fine at receiver. You mean to tell me Handle, Cruz, Jennigan and either Kenny Britt or Miles Austin isn't suffice? user:gibril28wilson?
    well look what you said in there, sign Britt or Austin. that would be signing another WR and if we did that then no, i think wed be fine. we have 3 WRs under contract right now if we dont sign or draft another, then yes i believe wed be seriously screwed at that position

I would say that Niklas at #44 is a better value than Ebron at #12

Gilbert #12
    Niklas #44

That would be ok with me --- still kind of hoping for Gilbert and Shazier 1 and 2.

Only problem with Donald "Strick" is he is undersized 6'1" and light 285 and we just lost a BIG MAN in middle in Linval who was 6'4" 330 pounder

Niklas can be had in 2nd if we want to go lineman Lewan, Martin or late 1st if we want to trade down

Niklas is a better blocker , less of a "star" and "reciever like diva" than Ebron and more of a team guy

1. TAYLOR LEWAN - LEFT OUTSIDE GUARD

2. TROY NIKLAUS - OFFENSIVE END

3. EGO FURGERSON - DEFENSIVE NOSE TACKLE

4. JAMES GAYLE - SLEEPER @ DEFENSIVE ENDS

5. ANDRE WILLIAMS - RUNNING BACKS

6. MAX BULLOUGH - LINEBACKERS

7. TEVIN REECE - FLANKER/KICK RETURNER
    How come anytime a TE is labeled “athletically gifted” people automatically assume they cannot block? Have you ever watched Ebron play? He is a good blocker, at worst. The kid is a physical specimen, has the body to put on more pounds, and can always improve on any little aspect he may not be “great” at.

Your arguments are not only incorrect, they're based off of not factual information whatsoever. Nikklas is a better team player?? Less of a "star"???

The Giants do not need a stereotypical “blocking” TE. We need someone who can put pressure on the middle of the field and cause mismatches against defenses LB’s and Safeties. We also need a player who can take pressure off of the WR’s on the outside.

I don’t know much about Nikklas from Notre Dame, and for all I know he could be great. But Ebron isn’t your every year coming into the draft type TE. He has the size, athleticism, hands, speed and quickness to be a true weapon on any offense. He will make an IMMEDIATE impact on our offense.

You also make a solid argument that Nikklas is "Notre Dame too." Well, Ebron is UNC, and as much as I hate to admit it as an NC State fan, UNC has offered a lot more talent to the NFL in recent years than Notre Dame has. Your points are invalid based off of nothing.

Have you ever watched Ebron?
    JR....do it, do it!

1- Eric Ebron- TE
    2- Gabe Jackson- OG
    3- Weston Richburg/Marcus Martin- C
    4- Antonio Richardson- OT
    5a- Anthony Johnson- DT
    5b- Marqueston Huff- FS
    6- Aaron Lynch- DE

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    I woud like something like this

1st- Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh
    2nd- Troy Niklas TE Norte Dame
    3rd- Stanley Jean-Baptiste
    4th- Brian Stork C Florida St
    5th- Chris Watt OG Norte Dame
    6th- Khairi Fortt OLB Cal
    beautiful!!

Veteran
    Niklas might be there for us in the 3rd actually and does it all well. Ebron is certainly more polished running about which would be cool given this new west coast "style" offense. Niklas or C.J. Fidorwitskicavage would be a nice fit here.

I wouldn't hate the pick, if it has to be him, move back a few spots.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    if thats the Giants draft...we better sign a WR and CB soon or else were screwed lol
    Vtctor Cruz and Steve Smith together would tear up the NFC East and most of the NFL. Smith was the Panthers only receiver threat and had 2-3 men on him most of the time.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    We are fine at receiver. You mean to tell me Handle, Cruz, Jennigan and either Kenny Britt or Miles Austin isn't suffice? user:gibril28wilson?
    Did I miss the sarcasm? Cruz is slot, we need a 1 and 2 and at least one of them needs to be a threat or Cruz pulls double all day. Randle has shown signs of hope but has not had that break-thru performance of a year yet so we are still left wondering if he's got it. Jernigan (not Jennigan) better do something good soon, and Britt n Austin aren't giants yet and would require their own ambulance each on the sideline.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

+ Reply to Thread