+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Aaron Donald please. Could you imagine the potential of a Aaron Donald, Jason Pierre Paul, Damontre Moore, and Jonathan Hankins Dline? Thats the Giants way!
    As much as I like that line, there also lies the problem. Do we go for something like that and neglect other areas of concern, or try to put a patch on all the holes? This draft is unlike the last few years IMO because of all the needs and question marks.. CB, TE, WR, DE, OT, RB, and I'm not sold at OLB. There's just so many holes. I'm hoping some guys will step it up but I thought the same thing last year. All I can say is we have quite a few needs so as long as we select decent players, I don't think the position chosen will be a disappointment.

"Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Aaron Donald please. Could you imagine the potential of a Aaron Donald, Jason Pierre Paul, Damontre Moore, and Jonathan Hankins Dline? Thats the Giants way!
    Yeah but what good is a stout defensive line if we can't score any points? We couldn't score any points last year and that was with Nicks and Andre Brown. I think we need some kind of big time playmaker in the first round. Either Ebron or Evans...

With the mass amounts of FA we've picked up on the OL (plus the fact that Killdrive is gone), I wouldn't mind Ebron as much. We won't be so blocking-dependent on the TE and RB. If our OL can hold 4 or 5 man pressure by itself, that opens up the field for guys like Ebron or Wilson to work wonders in the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by STAR View Post
    Is everyone ok with the 12th selection being a TE with questionable blocking skills? Sure, he's an weapon running around that we could select mid/late 1st. Or grab another in the 2nd or 3rd.
    Questionable blocking skills or not I don't want a TE with the 12 th pick.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

I can only.dream. He's going to be special.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

It makes sense to take Ebron at 12. the only thing that could prevent that is that this year's TE class is pretty deep. They could also trade back and still get him. a few spots later as long as its before the jets pick.

With the loss of Joseph and Tuck, picking Donald makes a lot of sense

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddy283 View Post
    His blocking isn't questionable. He's a fine blocker, but he's an exceptional weapon, so people assume he can't block. He's a big guy, with room to add weight, and is a fine blocker with room to improve. Yes, I'd be ecstatic to get him at 12.
    Piddy, this guy has crazy good hands from what I've been watching, he's a weapon.

donald in the 1st. sfaryan-jenkins in the 2nd.

this would make me a very happy guy.

My big board:

Clowney
    Matthews, Watkins (tie)
    Dennard
    Robinson, Lewan (tie)
    Donald
    Ebron

Don't care for Gilbert or Evans. And those linebackers who make a name getting after the QB scream "Sintim" to me, so I shy away.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.