+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Giants Ritual?

Re: What's Your Giants Ritual?

Been wearing my Blue Eli Jersey every game since the jets game. I will wear it through the playoffs and I'm also sporting the playoff beard . Its really itching me now but if we win it will be all wort it.

I own 3 jerseys, 1 vintage, 1 Home, &amp; 1 Away, that I wear in no perticular rotaion. But when they </P>

lose, that one goes back into the rotation, and a fresh one comes on.</P>

I've been rocking my #70 Huff Home jersey, which also happens to be my oldest one (15 yrs old)</P>

for the past 3 weeks. Needless to say, try &amp; guess which jersey I'll be in on Sunday at 4:30pm?</P>

I have to watch the game in my kitchen on a a 40in LED tv instead of the media room 82in DLP TV.
    It started with the first Cowboy game I went to the kitchen to eat and they came back in epic fashion. Watched the Skins game in from the media room.

Watched the Jets, Boys round 2 and NFCWC in the kitchen.

I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety.
    I also message during the game via the Official Game Day Thread. Try to stay positive, but some of the posters are a hilarious and it also cuts down on the anxiety.

[quote user="Dabluguy"]Been wearing my Blue Eli Jersey every game since the jets game. I will wear it through the playoffs and I'm also sporting the playoff beard . Its really itching me now but if we win it will be all wort it.[/quote]

Doing this with my JPP jersey

I cant take a leak during the game...

I watched all four playoff games w/ my father during the 2007 run. Something I'll never forget. I'm thinking of driving down to watch the game w/ him Sunday.

My mother has been watching my father watch football for over 30 years and still doesn't care about the games.

[quote user="giantfanatic"]I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety.
    I also message during the game via the Official Game Day Thread. Try to stay positive, but some of the posters are a hilarious and it also cuts down on the anxiety.[/quote]
    Really? If I knew the plays before they happened I would kill myself, thats such a spoiler.

I used to watch the game while I chat with my buddy over xbox live and he would totally ruin it because I was streaming the game online so I was delayed since he was watching it on TV. I'd be watching the guys coming out of the huddle and my buddy yells "Pick!" and I'd be so pissed off lol.

All-Pro

[quote user="RugDaniels"]I have a certain shirt that I only bring out for big games. I also have Giants shirts that I retire for the season once they've seen more than one loss...

Anyone else have a routine for watching the Giants or something they bring out only when the Giants need the extra juice?

Before the Atlanta game I found the only working VCR in my house and popped in my well worn copy of 'Giants Among Men'. It's an NFL Films production and commerates the legendary 1986 season and Super Bowl XXI.[/quote]
    Sit in same spots, lay out certain giants jerseys in certain spots. Three other things going now that I can't say anything about cause I dont want to jinx it. All three working. Have not lost since. Will let u know after we win SB
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I'm basically just standing while anticipating defensive plays, pacing around back and forth, a lot of jumping around, high 5's with my brother, lot's of yelling and screaming and waking up my mom and annoying our neighbours (perhaps the entire neighborhood)

+ Reply to Thread