+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What's Your Giants Ritual?

Re: What's Your Giants Ritual?

I wear my Giants champion 2007 locker room shirt,with my Giants mesh coaching shorts!! I bring out two jersery's Bavaro 1990 superbowl and Carson with the spiderlockhart patch from the superbowl 1986!!! with my lucky gnome my boss gave me at christmas it's 4 and 0!!!

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]I cant take a leak during the game...[/quote]Great one!Got a good chuckle on that one. If you don't have a DVR, time to invest.

Been wearing my Blue Cruz jersey since I attended the Jets/Giants game (week 16) .. wear it every game now..... I also try not to talk smack or rub losses in rivals faces day of the game...

seriously? anything philly?

Bench Player

Not to wear any Giants clothing all weekend before game. I live in saints country and don't want to gloat to soon, so I wait for the day after then I gloat. Especially today. Might quiet in saints country.

I can only wear jerseys I owned for years. Every time I buy a new one for myself, that player is gone, history, outta here. So, I definitely wear Bavaro and have had Tuck for a bit. I dare not buy any new jersey or they're gonna start dropping like flies.

I've never really had a game day ritual, but lately I've gotten (to quote Eli) "a little stitious." I wore my Superbowl XLII t-shirt against the first game against Dallas. I wore something else against the Redskins so when we lost I decided to break it out again against the Jets. I've worn it every game since. The Giants are on a 5 game winning streak when I wear it. I like to think I'm channeling the magic of 2007 to the current team when I wear it, even though I know that's not really the case. Needless to say, I will be wearing it again against the 49ers.

My Giants ritual is to make 1000 status posts on facebook during the game...And since the Jets game, at the end of every game I put up the status "GO BACK IN THE CLOSE 'such and such fans' SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!! followed by, two spaced, "TEAM NAME......YOU ARE NEXT!!!!" I also drink Samuel Adams, and when the Giants have trouble I start playing angry birds, and they pick it up again...

Also there have been three seasons since 1994 where I have willingly missed a Giants game because of something more important..2000, 2007, and 2011...

This might sound a little corny, but I pray the night before for the Giants to win. Then before the game, I get on my Eli Manning jersey. I never wash it during playoffs. I sit in my kitchen and watch it on the small screen. It always seems to help.

Bench Player

I usually just rotate jerseys between Bradshaw, Manning, Cruz, JPP, and my dad rocks the good ole' super bowl Mark Bavaro jersey.

+ Reply to Thread