+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bench Player

Re: What's Your Giants Ritual?

I have 6 Giants Jerseys -
    One is a Lawrence Taylor Superbowl 25 throwback and authentic
    3 Superbowl 42 authentic superbowl jerseys (white on red trim). An Eli, Osi, and Buress jersey. My other two are regular Strahan & Eli blue jerseys.
    Now, if I am not screaming during the entire game, I usually start wearing a strahan jersey - because more often than not, for some reason that gives the team luck(no, I am not superstitious). If after a couple of plays and things aren't going right, I switch to an Osi shirt. If we are winning I don't switch throughout the remaining game, but if things are tight, I go to an Eli shirt (blue first). So, in other words, I usually rotate jerseys and never go back to the same one - obviously I watch at home a lot. If I am out, I just stick with the jersey I am wearing. Ironically, I don't have a favorite, somehow just before the game I choose one and start with that. I know, this is a sad ritual . . .but it works for me.

No matter what I try, I can't seem to correlate anything I do with the outcome of the game. Can you believe that? But when I do figure it out, the Giants will never ever lose another game as long as I live. I'll abuse the **** out of that juju.

Bench Player

been wearing my away Eli jersey for all away games, and Tuck home blue jersey for all home games. (was working during the Jets couldn't wear a jersey)
    But with the recent wins, and defense stepping it up, i think i am going to wear Tuck again this week. I also went to last two games at the stadium, wearing my Giants snow hat. Gonna be hot inside, but i may wear that as well.

Also, i haven't shaved since a few days before the cowgirl game. Really itchy, but i will GLADLY grow it til February, pending a couple of wins.

I noticed this year that our record when wearing any of my jerseys (Eli, Strahan, or Jacobs) was 5-7. Anytime I might of forgot to put it on and only had on my Giants boxers (don't tease!) we went 4-0. Obviously, I haven't wore my jerseys in awhile.

[quote user="fourth&forever"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="smashndash715"]my brother bought me an autographedfootball with every1 on it from last year..i always bring that out and hold it while wearing my tuck jersey or phillips jersey with my giants blanket tied like a cape lol[/quote]

You seriously need to post a pic...lol[/quote]
    +1 thats a great visual. do it![/quote]I gotta see a pic of that. haha

[quote user="GMan883"]*been wearing my away Eli jersey for all away games, and Tuck home blue jersey for all home games.* (was working during the Jets couldn't wear a jersey)
    But with the recent wins, and defense stepping it up, i think i am going to wear Tuck again this week. I also went to last two games at the stadium, wearing my Giants snow hat. Gonna be hot inside, but i may wear that as well.*

Also, i* haven't shaved since a few days before the cowgirl game.* Really itchy, but i will GLADLY grow it til February, pending a couple of wins.

[/quote]

Uck my neckbeard is killing me to lol. My facial hair grows like weeds.

Bench Player

I toy around with different outfits to see how the games go.. Since the Jets game, I've worn brown PJ pants (not sure why..), Giants socks, Giants t-shirt with a Giants fleece over top and a random pair of boxers... and it's doing well so far!

Bench Player

[quote user="giantfanatic"]I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety. .[/quote]

Amen! I made a radio vs TV thread a while back and this is why I listen to the radio to. No delay. And I love going by the crowd because they see it first. So if we're home and I hear the crowd go nuts before the announcer I know they see something. Vice versa for when on the road, like today.

Bench Player

[quote user="giantfanatic"]I tune in Papa and Banks - turn off the Fox or whatever audio and get the game audio a few seconds before the play. I like knowing what is going to happen when the ball is snapped. It has cut down on the anxiety. .[/quote]

Amen! I made a radio vs TV thread a while back and this is why I listen to the radio to. No delay. And I love going by the crowd because they see it first. So if we're home and I hear the crowd go nuts before the announcer I know they see something. Vice versa for when on the road, like today.

Bench Player

At Thanksging, my sister gave me a carl banks signed game jersey, that she bought, of all places, at a new england pats fund raiser auction.
    Started wearing it before Jets game