+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jacobs question

Jacobs question

I assume there are folks on this board that are closer to the source than Ill ever be. Who What Why and How did Brandon Jacobs become this exponential force late in the season , when at the beginning of the season we were seeing him tiptoe to the pile and drop for every play.
    Hes playing with fire and enthusiasm, Im have pulled the 27jersey out of the closet for the last two games.
    Im perplexed

Re: Jacobs question

He got Mad. Jacobs is best when he's pissed off. The underdog role makes him play harder. We can only hope he's mad come game day.

Veteran

Two factors, first is his health. Jacobs run's harder and softer depending on how he's feeling. If you look at film from early in the season you will see that he ran with authority but still wasn't having much success, which leads me to the second and main reason. The OL is opening up holes, the bottom line is the line stunk for both backs most of the year. Last week was the best blocking we have seen aside from the two games Petrus was in.

[quote user="dan1552"] I assume there are folks on this board that are closer to the source than Ill ever be. Who What Why and How did Brandon Jacobs become this exponential force late in the season , when at the beginning of the season we were seeing him tiptoe to the pile and drop for every play.
    Hes playing with fire and enthusiasm, Im have pulled the 27jersey out of the closet for the last two games.
    Im perplexed
    [/quote]

Not to hard to figure, all comes down to the OLine, get him to the line without being met in the backfield, he squared up, has a head of steam going, puts the hammer down.

Your only as good as the team around you, line finally getting it right at the end when it counts most.

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Bench Player

I feel as if he came into effect when Bradshaw was out. DJ Ware really stepped up and Jacobs was in jeopardy of his shot.

Jacobs is an emotional guy, both good and bad. The good is he really gets fired up for the playoffs and inspires those around him.
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.