+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Who Will Be The Suprise?

It seems to me that often times, when the Giants are in big game situations like this, that usually a player no one is expecting, manages to have a big game. I don't know if this is by design, or if some guy takes advantage of his opportunity, or maybe it's just dumb luck. I think a lot of times, it proves to be pretty good, because opponents aren't really expecting/preparing for that individual, and also, lots of time, our opponents don't even have much film on an underplayed guy. For example, how much is GB really preparing for Ramses Barden, as compared to Victor Cruz. I'm not saying Barden is the guy, but I just wanted to give you guys an example.

Anyway, who do you guys think could be the potential game-changer/hero for the Giants Sunday? Beckum, Barden, Pascoe, etc, etc....what do you think?

Re: Who Will Be The Suprise?

Anyone?

Bueller.......Bueller.....

Bueller......Frye....

jacquian williams

It's funny, I didn't even consider a guy on the D, which could happen, b/c you KNOW GB has

been prepping all week for JPP, Osi, Kiwi, & Tuck....

I'm sure they haven't considered anyone else on the D, especially the backfield, as anyone they

really need to concern themselves with....

I'll go with Jernigan. On a KO return he shows his athletic ability and takes it to the house.

I doubt Barden even suits up. Just saying.
    Do not feed the trolls.

For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game...

[quote user="yoeddy"]For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game...[/quote]

He has been lights out and playing with more passion than I have ever seen from him.

Veteran

[quote user="Giants Of New Jersey"][quote user="yoeddy"]For some reason, I think Kiwanuka is going to come up big in this game...[/quote] He has been lights out and playing with more passion than I have ever seen from him.[/quote]

He most certainly is. I think it has to do with the fact that he missed the entire 2007 run. He did get to play in a playoff game in 2006 and 2008 both against Philly (had 7 and 5 tackles in those games respectively) but I think he has been dieing to get back there to experience a 2007 type playoff run again and he is also getting more comfortable with his role againafter being hurt most of last year. He is healthy late in the year and in a comfort zone in this defense. His impact due to all these factors is quite noticeable. He only logged one assist against Atlanta but his presence was felt believe me.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="SIMMS5611"]

It seems to me that often times, when the Giants are in big game situations like this, that usually a player no one is expecting, manages to have a big game. I don't know if this is by design, or if some guy takes advantage of his opportunity, or maybe it's just dumb luck. I think a lot of times, it proves to be pretty good, because opponents aren't really expecting/preparing for that individual, and also, lots of time, our opponents don't even have much film on an underplayed guy. For example, how much is GB really preparing for Ramses Barden, as compared to Victor Cruz. I'm not saying Barden is the guy, but I just wanted to give you guys an example.

Anyway, who do you guys think could be the potential game-changer/hero for the Giants Sunday? Beckum, Barden, Pascoe, etc, etc....what do you think?

[/quote]

Barden hasn't even been active the past 2 games and I don't think he will be this week either so I doubt it will be him. I'll go with Jernigan. I think he takes a kickoff late ing the game and returns it deep into Packer territory to set up the game winning score

JQ Williams - I can see him keying up on AR all day. We all know that the guy can throw for an infinite amount of yards, but he's also a running threat.

Prince Amukamara - He's healthy, Ross is healthy, so Im hoping that means less of Rolle at Nickelback and more of Prince. I wouldnt mind Rolle as a dimeback (we gotta do what we gotta do) but I want to see more from Prince, and im sure Rodgers is gonna be looking at him and Ross all day, so they BOTH need big games

AB/BJ - Not only to set the run game up and keep Rodgers off the field, but we need them both to stay back and make sure they lay that chip block on Matthews before heading out on a route. I know both of our guys are good at this and enjoy the physicality of the game, but I cant stress the importance

Canty/Linval - We need them to keep playing the game they have been playing the whole month of December and January. We need these guys to hold the LOS and collapse the pocket, if they get pushed outside, Rodgers is gonna run up the gut all day, and we cant have that going on.
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers