+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-Pro

Re: If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

first of all absolutely not, if anything i would root more against them, b/c once again they would become the talk of the town

i mean, even if we won a Super Bowl, the buzz would be about Peyton coming to the Jets

2nd, if I'm Peyton, i would not want to play in weather, i would look for warm weather/dome team ... naturally, he wants to win 1st ... but there are enough problems with the Jets that he could justify not going there

3rd, if i'm the Colts, then i want Peyton to play next year until such time as they are no longer in contention ... they still have Mathis and Freeney and with Peyton back at the helm, would it surprise anyone if they made the playoffs ... Luck can wait a year, might do him good

finally, these "problems" have an amazing way of resolving themselves ... sometimes it is best to just let things play out ... instead of trying to manipulate it in an attempt to make everyone happy ...

Re: If the Jets acquire Peyton Manning in off-season, would you, as a Giant Fan...

Ain't gonna happen....

I hate the JETS! Could careless who they acquire!

Veteran

The Jets are where good players go to die. Same hs the Mets.

Who the hell was supporting the Colts?

I don't know about you guys but I don't give a damn about where Peyton plays as long as its not in the NFC East.

And the idea of supporting a team because our QBs brother plays for it is ghey
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Jets are a bloody mess. Peyton wont go there, plus play in the division with Brady and cold games? He either plays in Indy or retires. Hes a ka-zillionaire. He doesnt need to play, especially with a damaged neck.

Veteran

Two places Peyton will never play - New York, and the NFC East. Period.

[quote user="hungrrrry"]...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but...

...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever!

Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link![/quote]

you do realize that the Jets just brought in Tony Sparano right?

that would be like hiring Mario Batali to come over and microwave you some spaghettios

All-Pro

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="hungrrrry"]...then become more supportive of the Jets as we did when he was in Indy out of respect for Eli since Eli became a Giant? Obviously not if we are playing against them but... ...since most Giants fans despise the Jets (and even more-so with Rex in charge)...it seems interesting to ponder...I actually would, I think. I kinda supported them when Brett Favre was there as well as Vinnie Testaverde and I think Payton is one of the best, if not the best, QB in the NFL ever! Disclaimer: This is speculative so please don't be a dumb-ss and ask for a link![/quote] you do realize that the Jets just brought in Tony Sparano right? that would be like hiring Mario Batali to come over and microwave you some spaghettios[/quote]</P>

best spaghettios youll ever eat</P>

I don't know why but I have this gut feeling that Peyton will follow the footsteps of another great QB and end his career as a Kansas City Chief. Romeo Crennel and the Hunt family are a bit more respectable than Rex Ryan and Woody Johnson. Wow, the AFC West would be a pretty exciting division then.

Old man Peyton and the Chiefs
    Baby Jesus and the Broncos
    Rivers and the Chargers
    We-can't-make-up-our-minds Raiders