+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hate it when ...

people say that we need to establish long offensive drives to keep Rogers and the Pack offense off the field. Obviously they can't score when they aren't on the field. But they still get their chances with the ball, whether we have a long sustained drive or a quick score.

The point of a long drive is to give our defense a rest, so they play better when they are in. Everyone got it? Good!
    Do not feed the trolls.

Re: I hate it when ...

I hate it when that one damn piece of popcorn hull gets wedged in my teeth.

I hate it when a finger busts through the paper.

i hate it when it rains

[quote user="Mercury"]people say that we need to establish long offensive drives to keep Rogers and the Pack offense off the field. Obviously they can't score when they aren't on the field. But they still get their chances with the ball, whether we have a long sustained drive or a quick score.

The point of a long drive is to give our defense a rest, so they play better when they are in. Everyone got it? Good!
    [/quote]

I got that, but I also believe that keeping the opposing offense off the field for extended periods helps in keeping their offense from getting into their rhythm. But I have no problem with the Giants scoring quickly - I'll always choose that over not scoring.

I hate it when too many talking heads pick the Giants to win.

[quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Mercury"]people say that we need to establish long offensive drives to keep Rogers and the Pack offense off the field. Obviously they can't score when they aren't on the field. But they still get their chances with the ball, whether we have a long sustained drive or a quick score.

[/quote]

I got that, but I also believe that keeping the opposing offense off the field for extended periods helps in keeping their offense from getting into their rhythm. But I have no problem with the Giants scoring quickly - I'll always choose that over not scoring.
    [/quote]

Good point, but I think hoping the GB offense doesn't get into their rhythm is kind of like hoping they will become too cold waiting for their turn to play. Rogers is too accurate, IMHO.
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="Mercury"][quote user="chasjay"][quote user="Mercury"]people say that we need to establish long offensive drives to keep Rogers and the Pack offense off the field. Obviously they can't score when they aren't on the field. But they still get their chances with the ball, whether we have a long sustained drive or a quick score.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point, but I think hoping the GB offense doesn't get into their rhythm is kind of like hoping they will become too cold waiting for their turn to play. Rogers is too accurate, IMHO.
    [/quote]

So, are you feeling certain that we'll have to win in a shootout to have a chance?

I'm not predicting a shootout at all. I think our Dline is going to play out of their minds and Rogers likely gets hurt often because of it.
    Do not feed the trolls.

[quote user="Mercury"]people say that we need to establish long offensive drives to keep Rogers and the Pack offense off the field. Obviously they can't score when they aren't on the field. But they still get their chances with the ball, whether we have a long sustained drive or a quick score.

[/quote]

history proves that the best way to stop a high octane offense like that is too pound the ball, eat up clock, and play defense
    Fear the name, appreciate the game