+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

By Game Time, Rodgers Has Not Played For 3 Weeks

He will be at least a little rusty. I am not saying he is going to throw three picks, he probably won't even throw one, but he might just put a little too much on a third and long throw. He might just throw a little short on a slant on second down, giving us a third and long.

This game is probably going to come down to the last possession again, and if Rodgers lack of actual game play can cause a punt or two added to whatever stops our defence causes, I am liking our chances more and more.

Re: By Game Time, Rodgers Has Not Played For 3 Weeks

It's not like he hasn't touched a FB in three weeks. He's been practicing all along and your hope he suddenly becomes inaccurate is silly. What you should hope for is that our Dline takes him out of his comfort zone with sacks, hits, and knockdowns. Then you might hope to see him become inaccurate.
    Do not feed the trolls.

i think it might make a diffrence stamina wise not throwing the ball
    FUTURE NFL STAR

through 9 games

22 rushes for 245yards 3td
    35 pancake blocks
    42 tackles 3 sacks (3 td saving tackles including final tackle as time expired to clinch win, hit of the game 9/14 )
    8-0-1 record///// invited to play in tiny mite bowl and beat the team we tied in regular season

I think that this is a potentially significant factor that has been totally ignored by the media . . . . .

Thats why its all tjhe more important to get off to a fast start since its possible Rodgers will not bew as sharp as he normally is at the start. But he will quickly find his rythmn after a possession or 2

I'm not saying his completion percentage is going to drop to Sanchez levels, I'm just saying that it is different in practice than it is in a game, and that the time off from doing it will have an effect on him. Yes, he can throw in practice in full gear, but it is completly differnt in the game than in practice.

All-Pro

yup, this is big, IMO ... and if you go back a couple more weeks, he played poorly vs. KC ... so he has had 1 great game in 5 weeks

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out

[quote user="G-Man67"]yup, this is big, IMO ... and if you go back a couple more weeks, he played poorly vs. KC ... so he has had 1 great game in 5 weeks

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out[/quote]

Was thinking the same thing the other day at work... If we build a lead I feel like our D can do just that.. Lets force him into making mistakes.

[quote user="G-Man67"]yup, this is big, IMO ... and if you go back a couple more weeks, he played poorly vs. KC ... so he has had 1 great game in 5 weeks

i know it might be wishful thinking, but the guy is only human ... if he's rusty, if we get lead, then we can pin our ears back and then look out[/quote]

Was thinking the same thing the other day at work... If we build a lead I feel like our D can do just that.. Lets force him into making mistakes.

Don't give him anything that feels familiar, disrupt pass routes, split the center and guard so he has to throw off his heels and off rhythym. It guarantees nothing but gives us our best shot. We don't want him feeling comfortable if at all possible. A few weeks rust never hurts. Go Blue!
    No one remembers who came in second.