+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    JPP should provide a really good pass rush from his side, and Moore and Kiwi both have a decent rush as well. Given everything they've done do far, DE may be an early round pick in the draft. WR, TE, & DE are the highest draft priorities, followed by OL and RB.

Obviously they aren't. They got 3 extremely big upsided pieces in JPP, Hank, and Moore, and a as solid as can be Vet DT in Cullen Jenkins. They also have the 12th pick in the draft. Whos to say they won't take Aaron Donald? Whos to say they won't take Donald and then Crichton in RD2? This thread kinda annoys me.

Bench Player
    Or what about Kony Ealy? Might be a bit of a reach at 12 but I have seen him taken all over the first round. The kid has a ton of potential and athletic ability

No, simply adapting a little and bolstering the back end to make the pass rush more effective.
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Quote Originally Posted by hschenks View Post
    Or what about Kony Ealy? Might be a bit of a reach at 12 but I have seen him taken all over the first round. The kid has a ton of potential and athletic ability
    Hes a good player, but I just dont think hes an explosive pass rusher.

See: Seattle Seahawks.

I think the goal here is to give our DE's more time to get at the QB. Teams know when they face us, they have to get rid of the ball within a 3 second window. If we can have the QB hold onto the ball for another 2 seconds, we have a great change of sacking the QB or at least disrupting the play.

Quote Originally Posted by gian_18778 View Post

I think the goal here is to give our DE's more time to get at the QB. Teams know when they face us, they have to get rid of the ball within a 3 second window. If we can have the QB hold onto the ball for another 2 seconds, we have a great change of sacking the QB or at least disrupting the play.
    Seattle also had random undrafted or late round draft picks starting at that #2 CB spot, and they spent a lot of money and assets bringing in multiple very good pass rushers.

Im not sure where the idea came from that seattle had average or below average pass rushers and was only a good defense because of their secondary, but its just flat untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by gian_18778 View Post

agreed....its a team effort. You need more than just a pass rush
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I doubt that. I fully expect the Giants to go 2 or 3 D-linemen in the first 4 rounds. Write it down.

Veteran
    I don't think they have given up on pass rushing. I think they are just trying to get younger. That means we will draft our next Tuck.