+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GB schedule. Always love to look into numbers more in depth.

GB -
    Saints - Good opening win, cannot take anything away from this win.

Panthers - Win over a rookie QB

Bears - Division win, cannot knock them here, plus they were fighting for 1st/2nd place before Cutler got injured.

Broncos - Before tebow played, but still shouldn't have made a difference, but again the team and the record they faced is more important.

Falcons - Solid regular season, but over-rated as they were last year imho (and even said it, even when they finished 13-3)

Rams - Nothing needs to be said

Vikes - Only defense is they are a division game

SD - As we saw after a few years Turner cannot win, and we saw what type of team they were

Vikes - Again Divisional game

Bucs - Took a huge step back

Lions - Again solid win vs a division opponent. (Updated) But they beat the Broncos (before tebow), Cowboys, SD and the Bears, who all finished .500 with an 8-8 record. They did not beat one team with a winning record this year.

Giants - We know what happened here.

Raiders - Some fight, but nothing that scares.

Chiefs - One of the worst teams in the league this year, where their coach was the first to get fired but the LOST too.

Bears - No Cutler, no Forte, division game doesn't matter here.

Lions - Division game even with some pack taking a break, but as mentioned above about beating winning teams.

Final Record...15 - 1

Take away what you want from this. Just figured it be interesting to really look at who they played.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: GB schedule. Always love to look into numbers more in depth.

I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.

Thanks for the breakdown, but I think even if you played the worst teams in the league all the time going 15-1 is still impressive -- any given Sunday, and all that.

Such as the Giants losing to the Charlie Whitehurst Seaslugs or the Vince Young Eggholes, both at home.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"]Thanks for the breakdown, but I think even if you played the worst teams in the league all the time going 15-1 is still impressive -- any given Sunday, and all that.

Such as the Giants losing to the Charlie Whitehurst Seaslugs or the Vince Young Eggholes, both at home.
    [/quote]Agreed. You can break it down more, and I would if I wasn't in class for both of our schedules.

But I just wanted to put some what of a template out there, and let others look more into it if they feel they want to, or at least have some sort of reference to GBS schedule this year.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Packers 15-1

Giants 9-7 & 1-0 in the playoffs.

All that means squat this Sunday. They start the game even and go from there....

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="FiremanBob"]I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for their schedule. It doesn't excuse our poor play against poor teams (our injuries helped on that). However, howthe heck did we wind up with the hardest schedule in the league?!?! We didn't even win our own DIVISION last year, let alone the SB. What a bunch of crap.

This pumps me up even more. THIS year, we beat the # 1 seed in the AFC and ALMOST beat the # 1 AND # 2 seeds in the NFC -- all of this while banged up beyond belief. We got blown out once and it was by N.O.

I really hope that we take out the teams ahead of us and win the SB. Honestly, no prisoners. It's time for the Giants to get angry and play angry.

Our schedule was way harder... Our division is way tougher...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not so worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

[quote user="GameTime"]

Packers 15-1

Giants 9-7* &* 1-0 in the playoffs.

All that means squat this Sunday. They start the game even and go from there....

[/quote]2 different issues.

1) People are looking at previous schedule as a hint to why one team is better then another

2) I agree with you that the playoffs are a different beast especially if you are playing up to your level, vs when you were not.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="JJC7301"]

[quote user="FiremanBob"]I was looking at the same thing a few minutes ago. I don't think they had it very tough. I'm more confident now then I was in December.[/quote]

Yeah, thanks for their schedule.* It doesn't excuse our poor play against poor teams (our injuries helped on that).* However, how*the heck did we wind up with the hardest schedule in the league?!?!* We didn't even win our own DIVISION last year, let alone the SB.* What a bunch of crap.

This pumps me up even more.* THIS year, we beat the # 1 seed in the AFC and ALMOST beat the # 1 AND # 2 seeds in the NFC -- all of this while banged up beyond belief.* We got blown out once and it was by N.O.*

I really hope that we take out the teams ahead of us and win the SB.* Honestly, no prisoners.* It's time for the Giants to get angry and play angry.*

[/quote]I quickly eyed it, but I think some of it is the Rams played better, also Bucs were a 10 win team last year and the Vikes I cannot recall. So some of the good teams from last year hit flat on their face.

But we always seem to have a tougher schedule then the Boys and Eagles. Look at it the last few years.

But year our final 8 games was ridiculous. Do not care how the teams did last year, as you knew all those would be contenders, or at least maybe 7 out of the 9.

As you could assume the 49ers were not gonna be good (everyone was wrong), and the skins were still rebuilding. Yet the rest were going to be on playoff bound, till we knocked the jets, cowboys out of it, and inadvertently knocked the eagles out as well vs the win against the Jets.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]Our schedule was way harder... Our division is way tougher...[/quote]

Our division stunk. At least the North had Detroit.