+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Strick's Mid FA Mock

EDIT: Changed it up after Manningham signing

1st round- Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh- He is an absolute monster. I would be ecstatic if the Giants got their hands on him.

2nd- Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE Washington- Big target who is a solid blocker and is a good receiving TE. Eli could use a receiving threat from the TE position and I think ASJ would be a great pick

3rd round- Demarcus Lawrence DE Boise St- We need another DE and I like Lawrence a lot. Him and Crichton are my two favorite DE prospects. He can get to the QB too which is something that the Giants need with the loss of Tuck. JPP, Moore, Kiwi, and Lawrence is a solid DE rotation.

4th round- Bryan Stork C Florida St- He can play guard as well. With the loss of Boothe a guy like Stork could be solid depth and should be able to fill in pretty well if needed.

5th round- Chris Watt G Norte Dame- Depth is much needed on the OL and Watt would be a nice depth at Guard.

5th round- Cody Latimer WR Indiana- Big WR who is very strong as well. He had the highest bench press numbers out of all of the WR's at the combine. He is faster than he appears and he has major hops. He is a guy who could become a steal because of his athletic ability. He didn't have the best QB throwing to him at Indiana and his team was pretty bad as well. He could surprise some people in the league I think

6th round- Khairi Fortt LB Califorina- LB depth is needed as well and Fortt would be a nice late round pick
    Last edited by NYGfanSTRICK; 03-18-2014 at 01:58 PM.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

I adjusted the mock after the Manningham signing

Personally, I think they will go after a receiver early in the first three rounds still. Donald is becoming more and more a strong possibility imo mainly do to the inept pass rush they have right now. I honestly didn't think he would be on their radar before Tuck left. He gives them that interior pressure and I actually think he could line up at end in some pass rush situations like the Nascar package or something similar to the way they used Jenkins at end. I really think if Barr is not there that Donald could be their pick. ASJ is another great pick. He just fits the mold of what the Giants need at the position and he's a huge target who gives them that redzone threat. Lawrence and Stork are both solid picks too. I wouldn't complain at all.

We still can go early with WR or CB. Lots of 1 year deals. Draft em and teach em up. I got a few of the same picks though. Donald, Stork, Watt.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    Personally, I think they will go after a receiver early in the first three rounds still. Donald is becoming more and more a strong possibility imo mainly do to the inept pass rush they have right now. I honestly didn't think he would be on their radar before Tuck left. He gives them that interior pressure and I actually think he could line up at end in some pass rush situations like the Nascar package or something similar to the way they used Jenkins at end. I really think if Barr is not there that Donald could be their pick. ASJ is another great pick. He just fits the mold of what the Giants need at the position and he's a huge target who gives them that redzone threat. Lawrence and Stork are both solid picks too. I wouldn't complain at all.
    Yeah I had Davante Adams in the 2nd with Ebron in the 1st and Caraun Reid in the 4th. I still had Demarcus Lawrence in the 3rd. I had Tyler Larsen in the 5th as well instead of Cody Latimer. Idk which I like better. I think the Ebron and Adams one is flashier but I think the updated one could fill a lot of needs better. I would be happy with either one honestly

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    We still can go early with WR or CB. Lots of 1 year deals. Draft em and teach em up. I got a few of the same picks though. Donald, Stork, Watt.
    Yeah I like that Mock you have quite a bit. Donald is a freak, personally I would prefer Crichton over Martin in the 2nd... I miss the days when Martin was randomly projected a 6th rounder. I had him there in every mock draft lmao. He is a solid player though for sure. Jean-Baptiste has a VERY high ceiling. He is still learning the position which is scary to see how he will play when he is fully comfortable. Fiedorowicz would be great. We both had Stork and Watt. I like Janis quite a bit too. He can fly! Tall WR too.. He is definitely a prospect I am interested to see where he goes. I could see him going high or him going really late. Regardless he has some really nice physical tools

Personally, I just don't see DT as a HUGE need, even with Joseph's departure. Maybe a later pick, but not our first rounder. We still have good starters at the position in Jenkins and Hankins, and we can easily acquire depth by re-signing Patterson and Kuhn (if healthy), and picking up a later-round pick for a DT possibly.

Edit: we got a comp pick in the 5th? When did that happen? Must be living under a rock here...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Personally, I just don't see DT as a HUGE need, even with Joseph's departure. Maybe a later pick, but not our first rounder. We still have good starters at the position in Jenkins and Hankins, and we can easily acquire depth by re-signing Patterson and Kuhn (if healthy), and picking up a later-round pick for a DT possibly.

Edit: we got a comp pick in the 5th? When did that happen? Must be living under a rock here...
    I think I like my sig mock the best. I kind of blended my before the Manningham mock and after..

And yeah I believe we have a 5th round comp pick. I am not sure from what though lol

I actually love this. But give me shembo in the 6th instead

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    I actually love this. But give me shembo in the 6th instead
    I was very close to putting Shembo there honestly. I had him in my last mock and thought I would try out Fortt.

Thanks man