+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mock 3.0, 2 Scenarios

Mock 3.0, 2 Scenarios

Scenario 1, we trade our 1st to Carolina for their 1st, 2nd, and 4th so they can get Watkins or Evans

Round1: Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, DE, UNC
    Round2: Ryan Shazier, OLB, OSU
    Round3: Tre Mason, RB, Auburn
    Round4: Gabe Jackson, OG, Miss State
    Round4: Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
    Round5: Kelcy Quarles, DT, So.Carolina
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgetrs

Scenario 2, we dont do anything, and stay put, LOL

Round1: Aaron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers
    Round1: AA-Ron Donald, DT, Pitt
    Round2: Kareem Martin, UNC, DE
    Round3: Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Round5: Cyril Richardson, OG, Baylor
    Round5: Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers

Why the Aaron Donald love? Hankins is the DT of the future.

Also, no way ASJ lasts to the 3rd or Swanson to the 4th...

Hankins is def the DT of the future when it comes to controlling the point of attack, clogging the lanes and stuffing the run. When it comes to pass rushing on the other hand he needs work, but then again thats not his game. Aaron Donald's bread and butter is getting past the LOS and his 28.5TFL's and 11 Sacks speak towards that.

so we either take Donald at 12 or we trade back to 28 and he is still there?

Quote Originally Posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
    so we either take Donald at 12 or we trade back to 28 and he is still there?
    Agreed.. He's not getting past the Cowgirls

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Why the Aaron Donald love? Hankins is the DT of the future.

Also, no way ASJ lasts to the 3rd or Swanson to the 4th...
    I don't understand the premise of these mocks -- Plaxicofan and Carter's comments above sum up my questions.

That said, I am a big Donald guy. To me, Hankins replaces Linval...he'll be good against the run and get the occasional pressure or TFL, but the three yard behind center is the most valuable real estate in the NFL. Donald lives there. Does he get wiped out sometimes? Sure. But he can get pressure inside, and pass rush is the biggest flaw on this team right now.

Quote Originally Posted by born blue View Post
    I don't understand the premise of these mocks -- Plaxicofan and Carter's comments above sum up my questions.

That said, I am a big Donald guy. To me, Hankins replaces Linval...he'll be good against the run and get the occasional pressure or TFL, but the three yard behind center is the most valuable real estate in the NFL. Donald lives there. Does he get wiped out sometimes? Sure. But he can get pressure inside, and pass rush is the biggest flaw on this team right now.
    The premise of these mocks, simple Carolina needs a WR and maybe they make a play to get into the top 15 to get Evans or Watkins.

Swanson could easily last til the 4th, he's more of a soft OL prospect and Ive seen him projected from anywhere from the 5th to the 3rd rounds and the average of 3 and 5 is 4, so theres my reasoning for that.

ASJ doesnt really do it for me, and ive seen him going anywhere from the mid 2nd to the end of the 3rd, and since Im not a big fan of his id take him in the 3rd.

Its not like Im just picking random players for random positions, hell if that was the case we would have walked away with Donald, Clowney, Evans, Ebron, and Watkins

If you trade the Giants first round pick to Carolina, you will not be able to get Donald. Also, Ebron,Evans and Lewan will also be gone when we pick in Carolina's spot.I

Quote Originally Posted by Kase-1 View Post
    Hankins is def the DT of the future when it comes to controlling the point of attack, clogging the lanes and stuffing the run. When it comes to pass rushing on the other hand he needs work, but then again thats not his game. Aaron Donald's bread and butter is getting past the LOS and his 28.5TFL's and 11 Sacks speak towards that.
    Good post.

I don't think Donald will be on the board in the 20's at all... He'll go in the teens somewhere. I also think you got kinda high hopes with Richardson and Swanson lasting till RD4 and 5.. Also, what happened to our RD6 picks?

+ Reply to Thread