+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Best QB's of all time - stats through 8 years

One of my obsessive followers requested I take time out of my busy day to make this list....

Here is the list of QB stats through their first 8 years. I pulled the QB's who I consider to be the best in the past 40 years.

Lets start with our boy.... Eli Manning.

Eli 27,579 yards 185 TDS 129 INTS

Brady 26,364 yards 197 TDS 86 INTS

Peyton 33,239 yards 244 TDS 130 INTS

Brees 26,258 yards 168 TDS 99 INTS

Favre 26,803 yards 213 TDS 118 INTS

Elway 24,721 yards 135 TDS 128 INTS

Montana 21,498 yards 141 TDS 76 INTS

Marino 31,414 yards 241 TDS 136 INTS

Moon 27,679 yards 157 TDS 133 INTS

Troy 22,733 yards 110 TDS 98 INTS

Kelly 26,413 yards 179 TDS 126 INTS

Fouts 19,454 yards 112 TDS 125 INTS

Big Ben 26,579 yards 165 TDS 100 INTS

Rivers 24,285 yards 163 TDS 78 INTS

Steve Young - Literally did nothing his first 7 years, one bad season as the full time starter in Tampa. His whole career were years 8-14.

My take after analyzing the numbers. Keep in mind I analyzed a lot more than TDS, yards and INTS.

3 QBS in history have thrown for more yards than Eli through 8 seasons. Peyton, Marino, and Moon. Moon only by 100 yards and he started the whole season his rookie year. Peyton also started the whole season his rookie year. Also keep in mind that all 3 of these guys who threw for more yards, ALSO threw for more INTS during their first 8 years than Eli did. (even with Elis 25 last year, and even with all the nonsense talk that he throws way too many ints)

Just 4 QBS in history have thrown for more TDs in their first 8 years than Eli has. Peyton, Brady, Favre, and Marino. Brady only did so because he threw for 50 TDs in his 8th season.

Other notes from this list.... Alot of these QB's came into their own (stats wise) during season 8.

Most of these QBs didnt win their first super bowl until after year 8, that is if they ever won one at all.

When all is said and done, Eli will not only be at the top of every Giants passing record there is, but he will also be at the top or very close to the top of every major passing record in NFL history.

I would love to hear the haters response to this, because I have plenty of ammo left for the dumb responses I am about to hear. Especially after breaking down the stats and seeing what years these QB's really shined. There is a lot of talk about its a new NFL, but a lot of these QB's were putting up monster (madden like) numbers a long time ago...

Re: Best QB's of all time - stats through 8 years

[quote user="NoHuddle10"]One of my obsessive followers requested I take time out of my busy day to make this list....

Here is the list of QB stats through their first 8 years. I pulled the QB's who I consider to be the best in the past 40 years.

Lets start with our boy.... Eli Manning.

Eli 27,579 yards 185 TDS 129 INTS

Brady 26,364 yards 197 TDS 86 INTS

Peyton 33,239 yards 244 TDS 130 INTS

Brees 26,258 yards 168 TDS 99 INTS

Favre 26,803 yards 213 TDS 118 INTS

Elway 24,721 yards 135 TDS 128 INTS

Montana 21,498 yards 141 TDS 76 INTS

Marino 31,414 yards 241 TDS 136 INTS

Moon 27,679 yards 157 TDS 133 INTS

Troy 22,733 yards 110 TDS 98 INTS

Kelly 26,413 yards 179 TDS 126 INTS

Fouts 19,454 yards 112 TDS 125 INTS

Big Ben 26,579 yards 165 TDS 100 INTS

Rivers 24,285 yards 163 TDS 78 INTS

Steve Young - Literally did nothing his first 7 years, one bad season as the full time starter in Tampa. His whole career were years 8-14.

My take after analyzing the numbers. Keep in mind I analyzed a lot more than TDS, yards and INTS.

3 QBS in history have thrown for more yards than Eli through 8 seasons. Peyton, Marino, and Moon. Moon only by 100 yards and he started the whole season his rookie year. Peyton also started the whole season his rookie year. Also keep in mind that all 3 of these guys who threw for more yards, ALSO threw for more INTS during their first 8 years than Eli did. (even with Elis 25 last year, and even with all the nonsense talk that he throws way too many ints)

Just 4 QBS in history have thrown for more TDs in their first 8 years than Eli has. Peyton, Brady, Favre, and Marino. Brady only did so because he threw for 50 TDs in his 8th season.

Other notes from this list.... Alot of these QB's came into their own (stats wise) during season 8.

Most of these QBs didnt win their first super bowl until after year 8, that is if they ever won one at all.

When all is said and done, Eli will not only be at the top of every Giants passing record there is, but he will also be at the top or very close to the top of every major passing record in NFL history.

I would love to hear the haters response to this, because I have plenty of ammo left for the dumb responses I am about to hear. Especially after breaking down the stats and seeing what years these QB's really shined. There is a lot of talk about its a new NFL, but a lot of these QB's were putting up monster (madden like) numbers a long time ago...[/quote]

But but but....decision making
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

There is no way to justify any hating of Eli Manning after looking through this list....

We are talking about the BEST QBS OF ALL TIME! He is at the top of every category through 8 years of his career. With a chance of being on top of them all in the end... And people were actually talking about drafting a QB before this season started.

Do you not all see how dumb this is? Eli should be getting NOTHING BUT PRAISE... This is a QB driven league. Our QB is doing things that only a handful of QBs in history have done. He is also the most winning QB in the NFC during his time here. Obviously it makes sense that he is the most winning of any, thats because it takes a great QB to win in the NFL. Obviously it takes a lot of other pieces to the puzzle, but a great QB is a must. This hasnt changed, a great QB has always been a must. Look at the history of Super Bowl winners, 95% of the time they were led by an all time great at QB. Along with having a good team around him, but thats just obvious.

I didnt even mention the fact that Eli is already a super bowl winner, a super bowl MVP!

That he owns the record for most passing TDs in the 4th quarter in a single season. Passed two of the all time greats in Unitas and Peyton (great company).

He is great in the clutch (this used to be how QBs were judged).

I mean I could go on and on. We are talking all time here! There have been close to 1000 starting QBs in the history of the NFL, maybe more....

[quote user="NoHuddle10"]There is no way to justify any hating of Eli Manning after looking through this list....

We are talking about the BEST QBS OF ALL TIME! He is at the top of every category through 8 years of his career. With a chance of being on top of them all in the end... And people were actually talking about drafting a QB before this season started.

Do you not all see how dumb this is? Eli should be getting NOTHING BUT PRAISE... This is a QB driven league. Our QB is doing things that only a handful of QBs in history have done. He is also the most winning QB in the NFC during his time here. Obviously it makes sense that he is the most winning of any, thats because it takes a great QB to win in the NFL. Obviously it takes a lot of other pieces to the puzzle, but a great QB is a must. This hasnt changed, a great QB has always been a must. Look at the history of Super Bowl winners, 95% of the time they were led by an all time great at QB. Along with having a good team around him, but thats just obvious.[/quote]

preacher, choir.

I've been wrong before and I admit when I'm wrong. Some people don't have the gene and suffer from "I refuse to admit I don't know what I'm taking about syndrome"

Those people will steer very clear of this thread
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Don't get me wrong...I think Eli is one of the very best QB's in the league right now. He has the stats, but he also has the intangibles of leadership and poise(most of the time).

That being said, if he throws one more pass blindly into the air with his left hand I'm gonna throw my remote at the TV!!!

Cheers for the research...good stuff.

I'd still like him to cut down on the Ints, but I'm very happy with him.

[quote user="Gmen2005"]I'd still like him to cut down on the Ints, but I'm very happy with him.
    [/quote]

One thing about Elis is he is indeed a gunslinger. I bet a lot of Packers fans wish that Favre would have cut down on his INTs.

Elis always going to be a little risky with the ball. Its just his style of play. But what he is doing it weighing on the averages a little better and trying to play the numbers. I could see him throwing something like 13 next season.

[quote user="burier"][quote user="Gmen2005"]I'd still like him to cut down on the Ints, but I'm very happy with him.
    [/quote]

One thing about Elis is he is indeed a gunslinger. I bet a lot of Packers fans wish that Favre would have cut down on his INTs.

Elis always going to be a little risky with the ball. Its just his style of play. But what he is doing it weighing on the averages a little better and trying to play the numbers. I could see him throwing something like 13 next season.[/quote]

Very true. It's amazing how often he's taking a shot down field. Led the league with 18 40+ passes. had 67 20+ passes. As much as we complain about Gilbride, his offense takes some shots and has a lot of intermediate routes. I could definitely see him dropping his ints too next year.

[quote user="NoHuddle10"]I didnt even mention the fact that Eli is already a super bowl winner, a super bowl MVP! That he owns the record for most passing TDs in the 4th quarter in a single season. Passed two of the all time greats in Unitas and Peyton (great company). He is great in the clutch (this used to be how QBs were judged). I mean I could go on and on. We are talking all time here! There have been close to 1000 starting QBs in the history of the NFL, maybe more....[/quote]

I love Eli and consider him one of the best in the league right now, and definately the best the Giants have ever had. However, the 4th quarter TD record should have an asteric next to it becasue Unitas never played a 16 game schedule.