+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 50
  1. #11
    EaGirls..

  2. #12
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by #TeamCowboys View Post
    Never really understood that.

    I can see where it would have started in the 90's, but any team that wins the Super Bowl would of course gain bandwagoners. I live in Illinois (from London), and I am, in no way, a "phony" fan. I've driven nearly 500 miles, on several occasions, to watch the Cowboys (most recently Giants @ Cowboys). Why does the fact I don't live in Dallas mean I'm "phony"?

    What kind of person (assuming bandwagoners don't have much knowledge of the team) would want to bandwagon for the dismal, 8-8 Cowboys, anyway?
    When the Cowboys have a good team, I see Dallas jackets and Dallas jerseys all over the NYC area. When they stink, I don't see any at all. The only other team that I see this phenomenon with is the Jets, but this is NY.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Dallas fans, especially outside Dallas, are phonies.
    The Cowboys themselves are outside of Dallas...

  4. #14
    Veteran BigBlueBoricua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Lake Worth, Florida
    Posts
    4,160
    Phillie. I find it incredible that without winning a SB, they act totally insane and so obnoxious.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

  5. #15
    Philly by far.

    Yes, the skins fans were a bit delusional with the whole RG3 and winning the division thing, but honestly, they've been basement-dwellers for so long, I thought it was nice for them to at least feel like they meant something for a change.

    Yes, cowboys fans are everywhere and have a reputation for being stuck-up, but most of the cowboys fans I know and work with tend to be fairly realistic folks, in the vein of ntegrase, and enjoy talking football realistically. It's actually fun to hang out with these people, even on the day of a giants/cowboys game.

    It's Philly by a mile. I don't know a single respectable philly fan. Almost all of the ones that I do know went out of their way to torment me after Dodgegate (contrast Dallas fans, who were mostly respectful in our recent losses to dallas). They are all delusional, narcissistic *******s, full-stop. I still dream of being able to buy the team and move them to LA or London, just to witness the tears of unfathomable sadness....

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

  6. #16
    Veteran Ntegrase96's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    3,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Cowboys themselves are outside of Dallas...
    It's about as pointless of a designation as the Giants playing in New Jersey.

    This is brought up a lot by rival fans, but I think most people in general just don't have a good understanding of the Dallas--Fort Worth area. So just some explanations (via pictures!).



    [Black Dot]: The Cowboys first stadium was the Cotton Bowl, which is located in Fair Park, just southeast of Downtown Dallas [boxed in yellow]... the dot is covering the "S" in Dallas.

    [Red Dot]: The 2nd stadium was Texas Stadium, which was technically in Irving... it is the Red Dot. 9 miles from downtown, about 12-15 minutes depending on traffic

    [Green Dot]: Current Cowboys stadium, At&t Stadium. About a 20 minute drive from downtown depending on traffic, in Arlington.

    The [blue dot] is where I live which is the exact same distance from Downtown Dallas as at&t is from downtown (18.3 miles, 22 minutes). The difference is, I'm still technically in Dallas.

    It's an ambiguous area that all kind of runs together. Honestly, most people probably wouldn't guess that I live in Dallas, because the yellow line (i635) is the unofficial northern border of Dallas.

    People refer to all of DFW as Dallas often because if you say DFW, sometimes people think you mean the airport. And for the most part that's okay, because outside of the area there is nothing.



    As you can see, Dallas-Fort Worth is a landlocked island in a vast area of nothingness. Waco is probably the closest "big town" to the metroplex (population only 130k), and it is the same distance to Dallas as Philadelphia is to New York City.

    Austin and OKC are both 200 miles away in opposite directions, which is a little less than the distance between NYC and DC. And Houston and San Antonio are closer to 250 miles away.

    As far as outsiders are concerned, Dallas-Fort Worth and all subsequent suburbs are synonymous with just the word "Dallas".

  7. #17
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The Cowboys themselves are outside of Dallas...
    Breaking News: The Giants are outside New York.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    It's about as pointless of a designation as the Giants playing in New Jersey.

    This is brought up a lot by rival fans, but I think most people in general just don't have a good understanding of the Dallas--Fort Worth area. So just some explanations (via pictures!).



    [Black Dot]: The Cowboys first stadium was the Cotton Bowl, which is located in Fair Park, just southeast of Downtown Dallas [boxed in yellow]... the dot is covering the "S" in Dallas.

    [Red Dot]: The 2nd stadium was Texas Stadium, which was technically in Irving... it is the Red Dot. 9 miles from downtown, about 12-15 minutes depending on traffic

    [Green Dot]: Current Cowboys stadium, At&t Stadium. About a 20 minute drive from downtown depending on traffic, in Arlington.

    The [blue dot] is where I live which is the exact same distance from Downtown Dallas as at&t is from downtown (18.3 miles, 22 minutes). The difference is, I'm still technically in Dallas.

    It's an ambiguous area that all kind of runs together. Honestly, most people probably wouldn't guess that I live in Dallas, because the yellow line (i635) is the unofficial northern border of Dallas.

    People refer to all of DFW as Dallas often because if you say DFW, sometimes people think you mean the airport. And for the most part that's okay, because outside of the area there is nothing.



    As you can see, Dallas-Fort Worth is a landlocked island in a vast area of nothingness. Waco is probably the closest "big town" to the metroplex (population only 130k), and it is the same distance to Dallas as Philadelphia is to New York City.

    Austin and OKC are both 200 miles away in opposite directions, which is a little less than the distance between NYC and DC. And Houston and San Antonio are closer to 250 miles away.

    As far as outsiders are concerned, Dallas-Fort Worth and all subsequent suburbs are synonymous with just the word "Dallas".
    This is an awesome response. Flawless
    Close or you hit the bricks

  9. #19
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    It's about as pointless of a designation as the Giants playing in New Jersey.

    This is brought up a lot by rival fans, but I think most people in general just don't have a good understanding of the Dallas--Fort Worth area. So just some explanations (via pictures!).



    [Black Dot]: The Cowboys first stadium was the Cotton Bowl, which is located in Fair Park, just southeast of Downtown Dallas [boxed in yellow]... the dot is covering the "S" in Dallas.

    [Red Dot]: The 2nd stadium was Texas Stadium, which was technically in Irving... it is the Red Dot. 9 miles from downtown, about 12-15 minutes depending on traffic

    [Green Dot]: Current Cowboys stadium, At&t Stadium. About a 20 minute drive from downtown depending on traffic, in Arlington.

    The [blue dot] is where I live which is the exact same distance from Downtown Dallas as at&t is from downtown (18.3 miles, 22 minutes). The difference is, I'm still technically in Dallas.

    It's an ambiguous area that all kind of runs together. Honestly, most people probably wouldn't guess that I live in Dallas, because the yellow line (i635) is the unofficial northern border of Dallas.

    People refer to all of DFW as Dallas often because if you say DFW, sometimes people think you mean the airport. And for the most part that's okay, because outside of the area there is nothing.



    As you can see, Dallas-Fort Worth is a landlocked island in a vast area of nothingness. Waco is probably the closest "big town" to the metroplex (population only 130k), and it is the same distance to Dallas as Philadelphia is to New York City.

    Austin and OKC are both 200 miles away in opposite directions, which is a little less than the distance between NYC and DC. And Houston and San Antonio are closer to 250 miles away.

    As far as outsiders are concerned, Dallas-Fort Worth and all subsequent suburbs are synonymous with just the word "Dallas".
    Wow, thats a lot of work about this subject. Must get under your skin eh?


    5trive for Fiv5

  10. #20
    All-Pro TheAnalyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,410
    Now you got me intrigued.



    11.5 miles. Actually, that is from lower Manhattan. From mid town its more like 6 miles.



    Dallas is 18.6 miles from AT&T Stadium...

    Both are pretty close.


    5trive for Fiv5

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts