+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Breaking News: The Giants are outside New York.
    Exactly. Many teams don't even play in the city they supposedly represent. That's why I don't get how you think fans who live outside the area specified in a team's name are "phonies".

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Wow, thats a lot of work about this subject. Must get under your skin eh?
    Maybe a little. But probably not JUST because of the "Cowboys aren't in Dallas" statement, although I've heard that countless times.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Now you got me intrigued.

11.5 miles. Actually, that is from lower Manhattan. From mid town its more like 6 miles.

Dallas is 18.6 miles from AT&T Stadium...

Both are pretty close.

Right. And I'm betting with regard to traffic it's probably a similar commute as far as time goes. And that's not even taking into account that just about the western most point in Dallas is around mountain creek lake, which of course isn't that far from at&t.

It's things like this that make me think that North Jersey, NYC, Yonkers, and Long Island should all secede from their mother states and combine to make the State of Manhattan.

Oh, and South Jersey could join PA. Then PA has something worth a damn to visit in their state and the entire "Jersey Shore" series is invalidated by virtue of name... everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Exactly. Many teams don't even play in the city they supposedly represent. That's why I don't get how you think fans who live outside the area specified in a team's name are "phonies".
    Huh? Are you actually equating Cowboy fans in Texas that live 20 miles from where they play, to Cowboy "fans" that live in other parts of the country? lol

Quote Originally Posted by darrin99 View Post
    Huh? Are you actually equating Cowboy fans in Texas that live 20 miles from where they play, to Cowboy "fans" that live in other parts of the country? lol
    I am. How are they not? Why do you have to live wherever a team opts to base itself in order to support it?

I only look at fanbases based on how obnoxious and delusional they are, not geographic location.

Dallas has a couple obnoxious ones, but most I've met are generally respectful.
    Skins fans got a little delusional RG3's rookie year, but again, most are fairly nice people.
    Philadelphia's primary export is ******bags.

Eagles fans in a landslide.
    O-B-J !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eli's Giants View Post
    Eagles fans by far!!! Like Jets fans, they're just angry that they haven't won in a long time.
    in terms of NFL championships yea 1960 was a long time ago, in terms of SBs how about never eagles fans lol
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land
    Actually Eagles fans are the best. Look at the teams they've had over the years and they are still loyal.
    **Fan since 1970**