+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before SB 42

Before SB 42

I stayed off the boards during the 2007 playoff run because honestly all of the Eli hate was wearing me out. And then we beat Tampa Bay and I thought I better not change my routine.

So I'm curious. Were you guys confident that we would win.

I was proof prositive that we would win. and Told every pats fan who would listen.

How did you guys feel?
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

Re: Before SB 42

Nothing is ever 100%. The offense was starting to play better, as was the defense. I felt good vs TB, and I knew we could play the cowboys tough as we always did.

GB was up in the air based on the whether, and offense. But I figured if any defense could handle the offense of GB and the Pats it would be the giants, because of the way the front four were playing, and the LBs were playing well.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

[quote user="burier"]I stayed off the boards during the 2007 playoff run because honestly all of the Eli hate was wearing me out. And then we beat Tampa Bay and I thought I better not change my routine.

I was proof prositive that we would win. and Told every pats fan who would listen.

How did you guys feel?[/quote]

Realistically, I thought we would lose in the SB. I am not an Eli hater. I saw him play in his first game at Giants stadium. I thought then that he would be a good QB. I was pleasantly surprised by the run in 07. I think Eli has another SB win in him. Then perhaps he will get the credit he deserves, but I really don't think Eli cares about what other people think of his play.

[quote user="burier"]I stayed off the boards during the 2007 playoff run because honestly all of the Eli hate was wearing me out. And then we beat Tampa Bay and I thought I better not change my routine.

How did you guys feel?[/quote]Before Tampa, I was confident.
    Before Dallas I was a little twitchy but my dislike of the Cowboys had me fired up before game time.
    Before the Packer game I was focused on the weather and figured it to be a close game either way. However at that point I felt we were playing with house money and the offense was starting to carry its share of the load. I was confident on balance.
    Before the Super Bowl I was hoping that our D would allow us to hang close and that if we could hang we could eek out a win. Plus we were so deeply into house money at that moment in time that there were no worries. I wouldn't say I was confident but I was proud of what we'd accomplished and excited to get it on with the Pats.
    It is hard for me to remember how the boards were but I don't remember Eli catching much heat once we got rolling. Go Blue!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Yeah I really took it one game at a time as well.

I was confident about the Tampa Game but not sure.

Was postive about the rest of the games. Not saying I knew we'd win the SB after the Tampa game but each week I knew we'd win that game which was crazy because the next three games we could have easily lost.

Its pretty crazy knowing in your heart you're going to somehow win while watching the kicker miss three field goals.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

I kept waiting for the Giants to throw up a stinker game or quater that would blow it for them and they never did...

shame on me........

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Starter

No doubt in my mind since the start of training camp in 07... Told my son who is a Jets fan that the Giants would Wup the PATs in the SB that year. He thought I was old and crazy .. the village idiot!. By the end of the SB I was the most interesting man in the world. Giants all day!

[quote user="Smurf"]No doubt in my mind since the start of training camp in 07... Told my son who is a Jets fan that the Giants would Wup the PATs in the SB that year. He thought I was old and crazy .. the village idiot!. By the end of the SB I was the most interesting man in the world. Giants all day![/quote]

you called it at the begining of the season????

Good job by you.

Starter

Each week of the playoffs that year I thought we'd lose. I didn't believe they could sustain their improved play week after week, but they did.

It worries me that I feel optimistic going into this game.

Definite shades of 2007 in the way that this team has come together.

I was just happy with what we had accomplished, did not know what to expect in the SB...