+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: nothing is impossible... David Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by PaulAnthony View Post
    He has three career fumbles ... three... omg wow what a turnover machine .. Andre brown had three in half a season
    3 fumbles in 115 carries is an atrocious rate.

Stats aside, look at his ball location when he carries the ball. It is terrible, and that's after working with TC for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post

Stats aside, look at his ball location when he carries the ball. It is terrible, and that's after working with TC for two years.
    I don't tink the real problem with Wilson is fumbles.
    I think its that he's just not a very good RB.
    Just a lot of straight line speed.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I don't tink the real problem with Wilson is fumbles.
    I think its that he's just not a very good RB.
    Just a lot of straight line speed.
    I don't think that's it. I think everyone is just salty he fumbled against Dallas . In my opinion Wilson's career doesnt offer a big enough sample size to evaluate his talent. 115 carries, 45 behind a terrible o-line .

What was Tiki's fumble rate in his second year of his career? If Wilson is atrocious, then we should have taken Tiki out back and shot him.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    wilsons really only had 1 real year. IR'd his 2nd. and in his rookie campaign, he was benched week 1 and didnt get carries, a bulk of them, until like week 9 or something against N.O...

Wilson, imo, has displayed a skill set worthy of being selected rd 1. not consistently. but, he has displayed for me at least, a quality skill set.

again i cant put enough emphasis on how poorly i believe he was misused his rookie yr and 2nd yr. i partly blame the reality we see today re: Wilson on KG and to a large extent TC...
    And yet the same 2 coaches (and same RB coach) seemed to have no problem coaching 7th rd pick Bradshaw--arguably an RB with less natural talent and certainly less speed--not to mention 4th rd pick lumbering Jacobs. Hmmm.

1 year really, and it took and Bradshaw a little while to correct that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    What was Tiki's fumble rate in his second year of his career? If Wilson is atrocious, then we should have taken Tiki out back and shot him.
    LOL. Tiki only played 3 years for TC, and he stopped fumbling after his first year with TC.

Tiki changed the location of where he carried the ball. Wilson has not.

Even if he wasn't a fumbler, the rest of Wilson's game is weak too.
    Last edited by moosedrool; 03-21-2014 at 10:41 PM.

LOL. Tiki only played 3 years for TC, and he stopped fumbling after his first year with TC.

Tiki changed the location of where he carried the ball. Wilson has not.

Even if he wasn't a fumbler, the rest of Wilson's game is weak too.
    OK Tiki was a vet at the time wish years in the league, gonna be easier for him to make that adjustment, Wilson is a kid and aftter missing almost the whole season last year is still gonna basically be a 2nd year player.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    My argument is very consistent. Bush was not proficient at running between the tackles in his first 2 years. I never said anything about "all of the sudden", that is your claim. I thought it goes without saying it is a skill that he worked on. Most rational football fans would also assume this. The clear point being made is that he was a high first round draft pick that developed after his first 2 years.

The Saints used Bush to his full potential his first few years. He was not effective between the tackles in his first couple of years. He got better as his career moved along. I'm sure he had to be much improved his last year with the NO.

I actually think Wilson knows how to run between the tackles. Be clear, in no way am I saying Wilson is equal to or better than Bush as a RB. My qualm with the coaches is that they sat the guy for almost the entire rookie year based off of a bad game, and thus ******ed his development as a player. What rookie doesn't have a bad game? It may say 2 years on his profile, but he's got the game experience of a rookie at the halfway point of his rookie year.

Wilson will make plays if given the opportunity. 115 carries in 2 years, mostly behind a porous line is not much of an opportunity. He also had that stenosis which cut his 2nd year short. That alone should give him at least another year to put off calling him a bust.

Remember what B&R Warrior told you. Wilson will roll in 2014. Book it!
    Bush was not only not effective between the tackles his first 2 years with Saints, his production in both rushing and receiving DECREASED each of the 4 years following his rookie season. He was also "injured" a lot while a Saint, his rookie season being the only year he played 16 games, including his 8 game 5th and final year with them. In the 3 years since, he missed 1 game in 2 years with Miami and 2 games last yr.

But I digress. If Wilson "rolls", as you put it, if he in fact lives up to the expectations of him provoked by his few--so far--electric runs, scores tds, and helps win games, then I will be ecstatic and eat **** (metaphorically).

But for a 1st rd pick he has been a brutal disappointment. There's no denying that, I don't care how many CJ Spillers, Noshow Morenos you through out there. And the Giants have no clue as to whether he'll even play again, let alone play this year, which is why they are moving in FA as if there is no Wilson to count on. Because at this moment, they in fact CANNOT count on him.
    Last edited by gmen46; 03-21-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulAnthony View Post
    I don't think that's it. I think everyone is just salty he fumbled against Dallas . In my opinion Wilson's career doesnt offer a big enough sample size to evaluate his talent. 115 carries, 45 behind a terrible o-line .
    He fumbled against Dallas?
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread