+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: nothing is impossible... David Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    What was Tiki's fumble rate in his second year of his career? If Wilson is atrocious, then we should have taken Tiki out back and shot him.
    Tiki lost 1 fumble in 188 carries and 76 receptions his first 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    He fumbled against Dallas?
    All three times, Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    And yet the same 2 coaches (and same RB coach) seemed to have no problem coaching 7th rd pick Bradshaw--arguably an RB with less natural talent and certainly less speed--not to mention 4th rd pick lumbering Jacobs. Hmmm.
    did either of them contribute heavily the first 2 yrs in a featured back role? Bradshaw was the 3rd string up til like his 3rd or 4th season (behind Jacobs and dangit I forgot his name somehow he left when he became a FA Ward was it? I cant believe I forgot his name). Jacobs was behind Tiki and only a goal line back really his first 2 yrs.

and really you're changing the parameters and combining different arguments. you asked for 1rst rd RB's who didnt succeed the first 2 yrs and then did, and I named several off the top of my head. the rest is pure speculation. you have your opinion, which I value and find fair, and I have mine. I believe Wilson can be a quality everydown back, and believe he would be much closer to that peak had he been used much better.

and MS, you're post is fair. TC i guess deserves the attention as much if not more than KG. he is the HC after all. And, that's fair if you think he's just not a good RB. agree to disagree and its not like i'm saying you or gmen46 is wrong. i just believe something different. i do think hes a quality back and if healthy, will end up proving so.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    did either of them contribute heavily the first 2 yrs in a featured back role? Bradshaw was the 3rd string up til like his 3rd or 4th season (behind Jacobs and dangit I forgot his name somehow he left when he became a FA Ward was it? I cant believe I forgot his name). Jacobs was behind Tiki and only a goal line back really his first 2 yrs.

and really you're changing the parameters and combining different arguments. you asked for 1rst rd RB's who didnt succeed the first 2 yrs and then did, and I named several off the top of my head. the rest is pure speculation. you have your opinion, which I value and find fair, and I have mine. I believe Wilson can be a quality everydown back, and believe he would be much closer to that peak had he been used much better.

and MS, you're post is fair. TC i guess deserves the attention as much if not more than KG. he is the HC after all. And, that's fair if you think he's just not a good RB. agree to disagree and its not like i'm saying you or gmen46 is wrong. i just believe something different. i do think hes a quality back and if healthy, will end up proving so.
    You're right that Jacobs was used chiefly as goal line and short yardage. But he was a 4th rd pick, playing behind Tiki his first 2 yrs and that was expected.. Even so, he had more yds rushing, a lot more yds receiving, and of course, 16 tds those first 2 yrs. And 1 lost fumble each of his first 2 yrs.

Bradshaw was a 7th rd pick, and again, not expected to replace Jacobs or even Ward for his first yr or two (wound up being yr 3 when he shared the load more equally w/ Jacobs).

With a 1st rder, as you of course know, one expects a hell of a lot more. Even allowing for missing 11 games on IR his 2nd yr. He did give us some thrills his rookie yr as a kick returner, but that's not the most you hope for from a 1st rd pick, is it? And we didn't get even that his 2nd yr.

I take no joy in recounting this. He's a Giant 1st rd RB, I had high hopes for and from him, as did all Giants fans. Jacobs was aging and the mighty warrior Bradshaw was quickly wearing down when we drafted Wilson 2 yrs ago.

But right now we don't know when he will play again, or even if he WILL ever play again. I know you and many others believe he will be back next fall, but the reality is, you don't know that. And the Giants don't know that either at this time, which is why now we are picking up little used 28 yr old back up RBs, signing short contracts with a 1 yr wonder RB that's built like a FB, and still hoping we get lucky with a mid round RB pick in the draft. Because we can NOT rely upon our 1st rd pick of only 2 yrs ago. BTW, I'm hopeful Jennings will work out for us, and I like Hillis as a back up, 3rd down short ydge back, but, come on, that patchwork is not what we've come to expect from Giants RBs, is it?

Tiki lost 1 fumble in 188 carries and 76 receptions his first 2 years.
    Incorrect, or at least misleading.

He fumbled 4 times in his 1st 2 years.

3 on rushing attempts and 1 on a reception.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 03-22-2014 at 07:53 AM.

TC ruined this kid in his rookie year.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Can you name 1 first rd RB that took more than 2 years to develop into a premium player? Serious question, because I can't think of even 1. Keep in mind, RB, not other positions.
    Marshawn?

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    You should heed your sig

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    no he didnt
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Veteran
    While I believe Wilson definitely has something to prove next year, don't forget how many times he got hit in the backfield as soon as he had the ball in his hands. I still have nightmares thinking about that.

+ Reply to Thread