+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    TC ruined this kid in his rookie year.
    if that is the case and he is that much of a mental dwarf then he is less of an NFL back than I even expected

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if that is the case and he is that much of a mental dwarf then he is less of an NFL back than I even expected
    +1

Everyone who doesn't succeed here gets blamed on the coaches -- Moss, Beckum, Sintim, etc -- then oddly they leave and do nothing for any other team. Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    did either of them contribute heavily the first 2 yrs in a featured back role? Bradshaw was the 3rd string up til like his 3rd or 4th season (behind Jacobs and dangit I forgot his name somehow he left when he became a FA Ward was it? I cant believe I forgot his name). Jacobs was behind Tiki and only a goal line back really his first 2 yrs.

and really you're changing the parameters and combining different arguments. you asked for 1rst rd RB's who didnt succeed the first 2 yrs and then did, and I named several off the top of my head. the rest is pure speculation. you have your opinion, which I value and find fair, and I have mine. I believe Wilson can be a quality everydown back, and believe he would be much closer to that peak had he been used much better.

and MS, you're post is fair. TC i guess deserves the attention as much if not more than KG. he is the HC after all. And, that's fair if you think he's just not a good RB. agree to disagree and its not like i'm saying you or gmen46 is wrong. i just believe something different. i do think hes a quality back and if healthy, will end up proving so.
    I hope I'm wrong. I was a huge supporter of his.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

I'm a pretty huge Reese supporter but the selection of Wilson always left me scratching my head, since Cordy Glenn was available for the taking at #32. Maybe they didn't like something from his medical evaluation or they just graded him lower than most teams did but not many 340lb+ behemoths have the feet to mirror elite pass rushers on the edge. I really wish I could be a fly on the wall for those 1st round draft pick selections.

Yeah....I'm waiting to see him run behind some better blocking before I write him off. One thing for sure, no matter the outcome there will be a LARGE number of Nostradumbasses.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    You should heed your sig
    I always do.
    Engage brain before speaking.

You should heed your sig
    This from the tchof man.

+1

Everyone who doesn't succeed here gets blamed on the coaches -- Moss, Beckum, Sintim, etc -- then oddly they leave and do nothing for any other team. Hmmmmm
    This is about Wilson not anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Tiki lost 1 fumble in 188 carries and 76 receptions his first 2 years.
    Tiki fumbled 3 times in his first year, whether you recover it or not it's still a fumble. His second year he saw his touches go down, so he only fumbled once.
    The debate, if that is what you are trying to make this, is absurd. Tiks had 45 fumbles from 1999-2004 as an established veteran. Now, please tell me about Wilson's fumbling "problem' with 3 fumbles in his first 115 carries.

TC has no leg to stand on with his "TO hurts the team babble."
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Yeah....I'm waiting to see him run behind some better blocking before I write him off. One thing for sure, no matter the outcome there will be a LARGE number of Nostradumbasses.
    Why not predict a positive outcome when so many people have written the kid off? This kid is crazy fast. FBomb, if I were brutally honest, I'd tell you that the kid is relying on his speed a lot more than he should.

His vision is so so.
    His blocking is awful.
    His receiving is a question mark.

He has good in-line power for a smaller speed back
    He's got world class speed. The kind of speed that beats out LBs to the corner even when they have the angle. The kind of speed that blows by the fastest DB on a swing route.

The kid loves the game and he wears his heart on his sleeve.

I hope the kid takes it to the house for all his detractors in the first game, and then lights his finger on fire in the endzone.

**** the naysayers, the doubting Thomas's, haters, etc, etc.

Most importantly, if Wilson does well the Giants are a better team, so I am predicting greatness.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.