+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 205
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    if that is the case and he is that much of a mental dwarf then he is less of an NFL back than I even expected
    I guess you don't like him then.
    Engage brain before speaking.

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    I'll sit and patiently wait for your examples of him showing anything but speed ..... ever

    here is a list of what a quality NFL running back needs to posses .... most if not all

    Vision
    Patience
    ability to detect a blitz ... pre snap and post
    ability to pick up that blitz / blocking skills
    ball security
    cuts / change of direction.... directly related to vision
    speed - blinding speed not necessary
    hands out of the backfield
    power


    David Wilson possesses almost none of these

    beyond break away speed he is borderline useless
    did you come up this yourself?

    Where does Adrian Peterson rank according to this list?

    Peterson lacks the ability to read a blitz.
    has poor blocking ability.
    Poor hands not very good at catching the ball.
    not a patient runner.
    struggles with ball security.

    What Peterson does have is
    -top notch speed
    -elite strength
    -strong cutting/change of direction ability
    -Great vision

    Hes only 4 for 9 on your list, so i guess he doesn't meet your criteria for a "quality NFL running back"
    Last edited by PaulAnthony; 03-22-2014 at 01:11 PM.

  3. #143
    With what's happened so far, perhaps the Giants shouldn't start D. Wilson against the Cowboys in their first key divisional matchup, where his mistakes and turnovers are magnified x10.

  4. #144
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Incorrect, or at least misleading.

    He fumbled 4 times in his 1st 2 years.

    3 on rushing attempts and 1 on a reception.
    He lost 1. That's what counts.

    What is misleading is when the total fumbles is interchanged with lost fumbles in order to make a point. Happens all the time on this board, not directing this at you per se.

    Wilson lost 3 fumbles in 121 touches (2.5%) his first 2 yrs.

    Tiki lost 1 fumble in 264 touches (0.38%) his first 2 yrs

    That was the point being made in response to the poster who asked how many fumbles Tiki had his first 2 yrs, while obviously attempting to mitigate the high fumble percentage by Wilson so far. Apples to apples. You're inadvertently introducing oranges into the comparison.

  5. #145
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Marshawn?
    Yes, i agree. Probably the best example in last 10 years or so. Ironically, one could include Magahee (another Buffalo selection, years earlier), except all teams knew he blew out his knee in the bowl game he played in 4 mos prior to draft, so they knew he would do nothing for at least a full year. Bills took him anyway, but I can't remember if it was a 1st round. He had been projected high 1st rd before the injury and the draft, so I could be assuming he was picked 1st rd when he was not.

  6. #146
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
    With what's happened so far, perhaps the Giants shouldn't start D. Wilson against the Cowboys in their first key divisional matchup, where his mistakes and turnovers are magnified x10.
    Good idea, since all 3 of his lost fumbles came against Dallas, in season openers of 2012 and 1013.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Yes, i agree. Probably the best example in last 10 years or so. Ironically, one could include Magahee (another Buffalo selection, years earlier), except all teams knew he blew out his knee in the bowl game he played in 4 mos prior to draft, so they knew he would do nothing for at least a full year. Bills took him anyway, but I can't remember if it was a 1st round. He had been projected high 1st rd before the injury and the draft, so I could be assuming he was picked 1st rd when he was not.
    What about Mark Ingram? He only started to look worth the pick last season.

  8. #148
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Why not predict a positive outcome when so many people have written the kid off? This kid is crazy fast. FBomb, if I were brutally honest, I'd tell you that the kid is relying on his speed a lot more than he should.

    His vision is so so.
    His blocking is awful.
    His receiving is a question mark.

    He has good in-line power for a smaller speed back
    He's got world class speed. The kind of speed that beats out LBs to the corner even when they have the angle. The kind of speed that blows by the fastest DB on a swing route.

    The kid loves the game and he wears his heart on his sleeve.


    I hope the kid takes it to the house for all his detractors in the first game, and then lights his finger on fire in the endzone.

    **** the naysayers, the doubting Thomas's, haters, etc, etc.

    Most importantly, if Wilson does well the Giants are a better team, so I am predicting greatness.
    Your first 3 points about Wilson are critical. They are not to be dismissed as easily as you are want to do, and they explain why he has disappointed the coaches, the team, the FO, and the fans so far.

    To critically analyze what EVERYONE (even the apologists) sees in a 1st rounder is not being a "hater". It's expressing extreme disappointment in a player. Big difference. I don't "hate" the guy. He has those positive attributes of character you so eloquently outlined. How can anyone hate him??

  9. #149
    All-Pro gmen46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    Posts
    6,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    What about Mark Ingram? He only started to look worth the pick last season.
    Really?

    He had his fewest starts (3), fewest carries (78), fewest rushing yards (386), 2nd fewest receptions (7), and fewest TDs (1) of his 3 year career. How is that looking worth a 1st rd pick?

    He has a total of 37 (out of 48 possible) games played, 12 starts, 356 carries for 1462 yards, 11 TDs, 24 receptions for 143 yds. For three years.

    How does that look like a 1st rd pick? He doesn't make the list of 1st rd RBs who took more than 2 years to excel. Not yet, certainly.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    He lost 1. That's what counts.

    What is misleading is when the total fumbles is interchanged with lost fumbles in order to make a point. Happens all the time on this board, not directing this at you per se.

    Wilson lost 3 fumbles in 121 touches (2.5%) his first 2 yrs.

    Tiki lost 1 fumble in 264 touches (0.38%) his first 2 yrs

    That was the point being made in response to the poster who asked how many fumbles Tiki had his first 2 yrs, while obviously attempting to mitigate the high fumble percentage by Wilson so far. Apples to apples. You're inadvertently introducing oranges into the comparison.
    Wilson had 3 fumbles all lost. How many fumbles did Tiki have with 1 lost. To me it's total fumbles because maybe you get a lucky bounce on the ones you don't lose.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts