+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: nothing is impossible... David Wilson

a first round pick is never a given. If it doenst workout then so be it. I still think Wilson can be hugely effective if used in the right way depending on his skills and how they pan out.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    I read that DW's injury was similar to Kiwi's. He is recuperating at a faster pace and is much younger. He will be back.
    http://nypost.com/2013/11/07/david-w...-headed-to-ir/

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...sons_pain.html

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/9...-giants-career

I think Wilson will be ready & healthy. imo
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    We spent a first rounder on him. I hate to think it was a waste. I also try hard not judge before a player has had a full shot. Toomer and Webster gave us a lot when I had written them off.
    Big difference with RB's. If you draft aRB in round 1 he should be starting and contributing right out of the box. Its the nature of that position. WR's and especially CB's are a much different animal.
    Now, when you consider that its been 2 years and we've gotten essentially nothing out of Wilson, its reasonable to say that he is a bust. At least a bust given his draft position. No reason to believe that he won't contribute to the team in the future, but he's used up about half his prime already.

THAT...is the nature of being a RB in the NFL.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Big difference with RB's. If you draft aRB in round 1 he should be starting and contributing right out of the box. Its the nature of that position. WR's and especially CB's are a much different animal.
    Now, when you consider that its been 2 years and we've gotten essentially nothing out of Wilson, its reasonable to say that he is a bust. At least a bust given his draft position. No reason to believe that he won't contribute to the team in the future, but he's used up about half his prime already.

How has he used up half his prime??? He's had 115 career attempts. Lesean McCoy is 3 years older than him and I'd say McCoy has at least 3-4 years of Elite production left in him.

Quote Originally Posted by JSpin View Post
    How has he used up half his prime??? He's had 115 career attempts. Lesean McCoy is 3 years older than him and I'd say McCoy has at least 3-4 years of Elite production left in him.
    4 years is generally the length of an NFL RB's prime. Not for everyone of course. But on average.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

You can't call him a bust when you bench him his entire rookie year and then put a deplorable run blocking line in front of him in his second year. There are plenty of first round picks that tock more than 2 years to develop that ended up being good players.
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    when Morehead and I agreed .... lookout!!!!

something wicked this way comes
    R.I.P Ray Bradbury

I loved the Wilson pick and I still like Wilson --- that said I would still like us to get another RB in one of rds 3, 4 or 5.

Would love to see Jennings/Wilson/Draft Pick back bring back a little 3-headed RB attack.

Agree 100%

"We don't always agree....

But when I do, I prefer Morehead State." (sounds like an insurance commercial; oh, well)

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    You can't call him a bust when you bench him his entire rookie year and then put a deplorable run blocking line in front of him in his second year. There are plenty of first round picks that tock more than 2 years to develop that ended up being good players.
    Can you name 1 first rd RB that took more than 2 years to develop into a premium player? Serious question, because I can't think of even 1. Keep in mind, RB, not other positions.

+ Reply to Thread