+ Reply to Thread

This would be a good game to ...

pull a fast one!

Parcells used to establish a conservative approach during the season, and then pull the unexpected in the playoffs. Coughlin has the opportunity to do the same.

There are a lot of options, but I see the flea-flicker as a real good one, especially once the run has been established. Then in a short yardage situation, Brandon Jacobs tosses it back to Eli, with Nicks wide open.

Or how about Andy Reid, who would pull an on-sides kick to start the game! That would be a real gutsy call! (Sean Payton did the same to start the 2nd half in the SB)
    the "realist" is a lazy piece of crap that works on his tan while sipping a margarita,
    the pessimist changes the sails while complaining about the lazy piece of crap,
    and the optimist changes the sails while hoping the lazy piece of crap will start to do his share of the work.

Re: This would be a good game to ...

Anything but the onside kick. Too much can go wrong on that one.

Starter

[quote user="THE_New_York_Giants"]Anything but the onside kick. Too much can go wrong on that one.[/quote]

agreed. giants seem to always find themselves on the losing side of onside kicks...(see eagles game last year)

I hate onsides kicks.

But I do remember Seahorn running one back for TD. That was pretty cool
    My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.

how does a fake punt sound? Snap it to Scott

[quote user="threenout"]how does a fake punt sound? Snap it to Scott
    [/quote]
    fake punt option to Rolle. And have him throw or run.

Only hting I'm interested in is flea flicker and fake punt give to Scott

I've been holding out hope all season that Gilbride was just waiting for the playoffs to finally pull off a shotgun draw playaction. Use the actual draw like twice in the first half and then sometime in the 3rd when we need that game breaking play *boom!* Shotgun draw playaction!

I feel like that's giving him too much credit as the real genius move woulda been to do that all season so that the other team would actually not know which play to react to rather than just having them sell out on the run and then possibly still sack Eli....

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]Only hting I'm interested in is flea flicker and fake punt give to Scott[/quote]

a think a flea flicker right out of the gate would go for an immediate big gain.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of the Super Bowl 46: Dad, are the Giants gonna win?

Burier: Yes.

My 5 year old son right before the kickoff of Super Bowl 46: Do you promise?

Burier: Yes. I promise.