+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

protect against the slant routes and over the middle stuff

Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass.

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07

GO BIG BLUE

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Re: protect against the slant routes and over the middle stuff

I don't want to sound overconfident, but I have a feeling the defense is going to get off to a good start. I just hope the offense can keep up with them.

Last time J-Will got abused by Finley and got a ton of flags, but he's played a lot better since.

The thing that scares me is when our defense plays well for a really long time, then it just seems like they're gassed or the QB has figured them out and they start getting sliced up for menial gains that move the chain. If Rodgers starts getting on a roll and getting hot, it could cause a momentum shift that we really don't need.

I think that Williams is going to need a little help. I like the physicality he showed when he matched up against Finley last time, some of which I think was fine football, but Finley will get all of the calls over a Rookie like that. Finley also helped Williams out with a lot of drops, I don't think he'll do that again, we need a safety to bracket him from time to time.

[quote user="rainierjef"]

Kind of like how we play the jets the DT's and DE's need to get their hands up if they cant get to rodgers in time and swat down whatever they can. this will make the pass rush more effective casue were dissrupting the one thing that negates a pass rush. the quick pass.

i think Jaquan will match up good on finely, do you guys think hes fast enough to leave him solo on him throughout the whole game?

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven league*that*defense*doesn't matter anymore. hit rodgers*on every attempt*even after*the ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady*07*

GO BIG BLUE

[/quote]

Hey man did anyone ever hook you up with a towel?

Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner

bump the receivers at the line. disguise our blitzes we can beat this team. with defense. i refuse to believe that in the playoffs the Nfl has become such an offense driven leaguethatdefensedoesn't matter anymore. hit rodgerson every attempteven afterthe ball shortly leaves his hand he'll start hearing footsteps and become indecisive. i hate to bring this up but its true to the fact even the most cerebal of QB's when they get hit alot they lose faith in the line protecting them and then they start getting paranoid hearing footsteps close to them they panic and either take the hit or make mistakes *hint Brady07

GO BIG BLUE

[/quote]

this will be huge... disruption, disruption disruption.

The only problem is Ross seems to get beat... i think he wants to bump but they always run right by him.

Simple, watch their game against KC. KC had the right plan, don't try and reinvent the wheel. Follow the path laid out in front of you.
    Good teams win games, Great teams cover the spread!

Veteran

[link]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ed9f2/article/analyst-predictions-divisional-round[/link]

i'm loving this no one is picking us to win this and adam rank doesn't count as an analyst.

this looks like the making of an upset, like i said take away the short routes then rodgers is forced to take more time in the pocket for routes to develop on longer yard passing plays and that when we pin our ears back and take it to them.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

[quote user="Giantz4Life"][quote user="rainierjef"]

GO BIG BLUE

[/quote] Hey man did anyone ever hook you up with a towel?[/quote]

no not yet still hoping

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Veteran

GO BIG BLUE

[/quote]Great thread man. I've been thinking the same thing. Dallas had success against us with the short slant passes. No doubt Green Bay will do the same.

It is imperative that JPP gets his long arms up there to knock those balls down.

[quote user="jjj45"][quote user="rainierjef"]

GO BIG BLUE

[/quote]Great thread man. I've been thinking the same thing. Dallas had success against us with the short slant passes. No doubt Green Bay will do the same.

It is imperative that JPP gets his long arms up there to knock those balls down.
    [/quote]
    Pressure up the MIDDLE would be huge. That takes away Rodgers ability to run because our ends are athletic enough to chase him down.