+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Central NJ - the DMZ of Giants/Eagles land

Vick leaves Eagles with class.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...251597511.html

Good luck with the Jets, Mike. You're gonna need it.
    **Fan since 1970**

The thing that is most mind-boggling is the comment section. I can understand Vick writing what he did, but Philly FANS being nice people? The fanbase that throws batteries at opposing fans, booed Santa Claus, and cheers their own players getting injured? THAT scum? Being generally nice people? What the hell has this world come to?

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Who knew the day would come when the words 'Vick', 'Eagles' and 'class' would end up in the same sentence on a Giants board? If you live long enough you really do see impossible things happen.

I still don't like Vick, but I've got to give credit where it's due. Vick handled losing his starting job to Foles with class and he walked out the door with class. Let's see if that holds up under the spotlight of the New York media.
    One of these teams is not like the others

The circus continues. If you listen closely you can hear the calliope playing faintly in the background.

Jet's practice facility in Cortland NY.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

FBomb, you've nailed it, sir! I will always look at Michael Vick as human scum because of what he did, and nothing he can do going forward will ever change my opinion of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Die-Hard View Post
    FBomb, you've nailed it, sir! I will always look at Michael Vick as human scum because of what he did, and nothing he can do going forward will ever change my opinion of him.
    The weird thing is.....people will try and make me out to be the bad guy for not forgiving him. "He paid his debt, you're a racist, there are murderers and rapist playing in the NFL....blah blah blah" and NOW Jets fans are saying it too.....The thing is, anyone who could do that to a defenseless and loyal creature has no moral compass. Vick is only "rehabilitated" because the NFL is forcing him to. Without the NFL's money, he would be back to doing it again to support himself. **** him and **** the Jests!

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    The weird thing is.....people will try and make me out to be the bad guy for not forgiving him. "He paid his debt, you're a racist, there are murderers and rapist playing in the NFL....blah blah blah" and NOW Jets fans are saying it too.....The thing is, anyone who could do that to a defenseless and loyal creature has no moral compass. Vick is only "rehabilitated" because the NFL is forcing him to. Without the NFL's money, he would be back to doing it again to support himself. **** him and **** the Jests!
    Does it make me a terrible person if I think the most vile, repugnant thing Vick ever did was signing with the eagles? And that the bad memory i will always associate with him isn't his dogfighting ring, but that 28 point comeback that damn near drove me to suicide?
    Last edited by Toadofsteel; 03-23-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Fantasy headline quotes:
    -Insanity, with "Eye of the Tiger" playing in the background, accumulated the highest point total this week and beat Hakeem Nicks 137.95 - 100.75, overcoming an 18.22-point spread.
    -Legend of Seawright Throat-Punches Mediocrity.
    -20-page Eli Argument Knocks Out Insanity, Delivers an Early-Season Message

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Does it make me a terrible person if I think the most vile, repugnant thing Vick ever did was signing with the eagles? And that the bad memory i will always associate with him isn't his dogfighting ring, but that 28 point comeback that damn near drove me to suicide?
    Just something else I can hold against him. ;-)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The thing that is most mind-boggling is the comment section. I can understand Vick writing what he did, but Philly FANS being nice people? The fanbase that throws batteries at opposing fans, booed Santa Claus, and cheers their own players getting injured? THAT scum? Being generally nice people? What the hell has this world come to?
    The fans in Philly are nowhere near the worst. Washington Redskins fans threw garbage at Shady McCoy when he was being carried off the field and fans at Candlestick are constantly starting fights with people. The lowlives over in New Orleans actually held up signs "Jerome Brown was an Eagle. Now he's a Saint" after he died and they also chanted the slogan.
    There are miserable fans everywhere.