+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

how much $ does osi even want ?

If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation.

Re: how much $ does osi even want ?

[quote user="eli2cruz"]If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation.[/quote]

He wants to be paid like a top five pass rusher. The franchise tag (average of the top five players paid at a certain position) was 12.5 million.

You don't pay a back up defensive end 12.5 million.

Bench Player

I had no idea he wanted top 5 money

He signed a topdollar contract. Next yearsomebody got more. Now he's pissed.

Osi is already under contract next year...by a contract that he signed. Now he just needs to honor it.

Veteran

Nobody signs a 7 year contract. He signed a bad deal.

Well its not the 7 years that made it a bad deal its that his contract is back loaded. I mean he did get a 4.5 million dollar signing bonus but he earns the most money in his contract next year....

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]Nobody signs a 7 year contract. He signed a bad deal.[/quote]

Huh? Osi signed his contract...and it was a 6 yeardeal worth $41 million that hesigned.

The deal at the time was the most guaranteed money ever for a player with only three years service ($15 million) and he received $21 million in the first three years, one of which he spent entirely on injured reserve.

[quote user="greenca190"][quote user="eli2cruz"]If we kept osi I believe that it would put our pass rush at its full potential. With jpp getting the majority of snaps and osi spelling for him when he needs a rest. Then on 3rd and long bring all 3 of our pass rushers and give the opposing offense hell like we've been doing. Granted I have no idea how much he would want, or our cap situation.[/quote]

He wants to be paid like a top five pass rusher. The franchise tag (average of the top five players paid at a certain position) was 12.5 million.

You don't pay a back up defensive end 12.5 million.[/quote]

top 5 DE

hes not even a top 2 DE on our team
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

A lot ?
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.