+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hate is a strong word.. but I hate him

Veteran
    I'd rather him be exiled from the NFCE and never heard of again.

Man, the Eagles must REALLY want rid of him. According to Daily News, someone "close to the Eagles" says they will release him if they can't find a trade partner. Also CNN Philly, and Philadelphia Inquirer have been told by "sources" that "hr's as good as gone". (Sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to post link to MB with my Chrome Book).

I think it will be highly unlikely even a team like Raiders will trade a 1st or 2nd rd draft pick AND absorb DJ's $10 mil per yr contract.

As a FA, however, I could see Patriots doing everything possible to obtain him for 1 or 2 yrs. Yikes.

He wouldn't fit under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen46 View Post
    Man, the Eagles must REALLY want rid of him. According to Daily News, someone "close to the Eagles" says they will release him if they can't find a trade partner. Also CNN Philly, and Philadelphia Inquirer have been told by "sources" that "hr's as good as gone". (Sorry, I haven't figured out yet how to post link to MB with my Chrome Book).

I think it will be highly unlikely even a team like Raiders will trade a 1st or 2nd rd draft pick AND absorb DJ's $10 mil per yr contract.

As a FA, however, I could see Patriots doing everything possible to obtain him for 1 or 2 yrs. Yikes.
    I think BB is smarter than that.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Seahawks, 49ers, Jets Interested In DeSean Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlitzer View Post
    I remember what George Young said when we signed O.J. Anderson. " A signing when you're trying to run for the roses ". He also said He got tired of our guys trying to stop him, so he decided to sign him. Now if Jackson has become Toxic Waste in Philly ?
    Darn, now we have competition

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...rade-difficult

Excerpt: "The Seahawks and 49ers are among the teams showing interest in Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, according to league sources.

The Eagles have stepped up efforts to trade Jackson, according to multiple sources, shopping him to several teams. After re-signing Riley Cooper and Jeremy Maclin, and with Jackson's contract steep and this draft loaded with receivers, the Eagles are exploring all options to move on without him.

Jackson is coming off a career year in Chip Kelly's offense but can be high maintenance and has chirped about his contract. Plus, Kelly's system could continue to help boost the production of other receivers.

With Jackson set to make $10.5 million and faced with a cap hit of over $12 million, trading Jackson could prove difficult. Jackson is not looking to re-do his contract to facilitate a trade to this point, with the chance to hit the open market and negotiate with any team perhaps advantageous. Several general managers said they have interest in Jackson but not at his current price tag, given some of his baggage, and they expect that ultimately the Eagles will release him." Read more...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...desean-jackson

Excerpt: "The Jets have been rumored to have interest in Eagles wideout DeSean Jackson. And that interest is real, owner Woody Johnson confirmed at the 2013 NFL owners meetings on Sunday.

And Johnson walked a fine line by discussing a player under contract with another team while talking about Jackson too, although he said the Jets prefer not to trade for the wideout.

"We're looking at a number of players, including DeSean. He's a very good player and we're looking at a number of them," Johnson said. "Trade's not our primary operating motif right now. We're trying to go through the draft. Going through the draft is way to build a successful team long term."

In other words, the Jets would probably love to get their hands on Jackson if the Eagles ultimately decide to cut him -- which seems like a fait accompli at this point -- right?

"We're always interested in talent," Johnson said. "If it's somebody that fits into our locker room and understands how to fit into our culture and has a price that we can afford is appropriate." Read more..
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 03-23-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    He wouldn't fit under the cap.
    His head wouldn't fit through the locker room door
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Hell no!!! He is a classless jerk.

More bad news, John Mara has said we are "pretty much done" spending money

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    More bad news, John Mara has said we are "pretty much done" spending money

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html
    Then it is on to the Jets for young Mr. Jackson. A perfect place for him don't you agree?
    No one remembers who came in second.