+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not only does JT deserve to get paid but he also deserves to have a Terrific season, too: 12 sacks and a ****load of plays! I still hold the belief that JT has good ball left in the tank!

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    Not only does JT deserve to get paid but he also deserves to have a Terrific season, too: 12 sacks and a ****load of plays! I still hold the belief that JT has good ball left in the tank!
    +1 That's one of my favorite guys, even when there was talk of trading him to Denver....I was so against - kind of like now...but it's a business & I'm a Giant4life....

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    If Tuck stayed with us, it would be another year off of Moore's development as well. The coaches must think Moore is ready to step up. This move also allows Justin to get a good payday as his career begins to wind down.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html

Excerpt: "Free agency is nearly two weeks old now, but the loss of Justin Tuck will likely be something the Giants feel all season.

Even though the team had an opportunity to have the defensive end cheaper than his two-year $11 million deal in Oakland, they chose not to. Owner John Mara, speaking to reporters today at the owners meetings in Florida, said the decision was a hard one, and "very tough for me personally."
    "You expect decisions like that in this business but there are some that affect you a little bit more than others," he said, via The Wall Street Journal.

With all due respect to John Mara, it's a bit disingenuous to say he believes Tuck will have a big year when if that were true, the Giants would have had no problem meeting his price!
    I hate politically correct statements that are untrue. Just say thanks for playing hard for us for 9 years and be done with it, because the team lowballing Tuck says that the Giants were convinced he would NOT have a big year.
    Tuck was a great Giant and he deserved better than "THANKS AND DO N T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    With all due respect to John Mara, it's a bit disingenuous to say he believes Tuck will have a big year when if that were true, the Giants would have had no problem meeting his price!
    I hate politically correct statements that are untrue. Just say thanks for playing hard for us for 9 years and be done with it, because the team lowballing Tuck says that the Giants were convinced he would NOT have a big year.
    Tuck was a great Giant and he deserved better than "THANKS AND DO N T LET THE DOOR HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!"
    Except they didn't lowball him.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    The Raiders high balled him.
    No one remembers who came in second.

As long as he retires a Giant it's all good. He deserves that.
    Manning is king of the comebacks, having engineered 24 fourth-quarter comebacks and 28 game-winning drives, including two in the final minutes of Super Bowls XLVI and XLII. Moreover, his quarterback rating rises to 94.2 in "late-and-close" games. With numerous comebacks, eight postseason victories and a pair of Super Bowl MVPs under his belt, few have been better with the game on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

Semantics aside, the fact still remains that the Giants didn't anticipate him having any "big year", which is why they told him to test Free Agency, made him an offer that was disrespectful (Tuck's words, not mine), and why he ended up in Oakland, making John Mara's words about Tuck disingenuous..... which was my point.
    You actually made my point for me by saying he was offered exactly what he was worth by the Giants, who obviously believed all his "big years" were behind him...........again..........making John Mara's words disingenuous.
    Like I said......don't stack insult on top of insult by stating publicly that you still believe he is capable of having a "big year", when your actions as a front office clearly said the complete opposite.
    I can't imagine that Tuck appreciates Mara trying to come off as Mr Soft Spot Owner at Tuck's expense, especially when he's on a new team!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Semantics aside, the fact still remains that the Giants didn't anticipate him having any "big year", which is why they told him to test Free Agency, made him an offer that was disrespectful (Tuck's words, not mine), and why he ended up in Oakland, making John Mara's words about Tuck disingenuous..... which was my point.
    You actually made my point for me by saying he was offered exactly what he was worth by the Giants, who obviously believed all his "big years" were behind him...........again..........making John Mara's words disingenuous.
    Like I said......don't stack insult on top of insult by stating publicly that you still believe he is capable of having a "big year", when your actions as a front office clearly said the complete opposite.
    I can't imagine that Tuck appreciates Mara trying to come off as Mr Soft Spot Owner at Tuck's expense, especially when he's on a new team!
    What's disingenuous? John Mara liked Tuck, he played here for 9 seasons and was a team Captain.

At some point, every player declines and, in Tuck's case, taking into account his age, his performance over the last few years (not always stellar) and the team's taking a hard look at what they have been doing personnel wise, they decided it was time to move on and he could stay with the team at their offer. Tuck decided to take a better financial offer.

Who was hurt here? The team has to look forward, the player has to look at taking care of his family, both have achieved their goals.

John Mara was wishing Tuck all the best, what would you have preferred he do, say "I hope he fails?"

They know it's a business and this is the down side for everyone.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    What's disingenuous? John Mara liked Tuck, he played here for 9 seasons and was a team Captain.

At some point, every player declines and, in Tuck's case, taking into account his age, his performance over the last few years (not always stellar) and the team's taking a hard look at what they have been doing personnel wise, they decided it was time to move on and he could stay with the team at their offer. Tuck decided to take a better financial offer.

Who was hurt here? The team has to look forward, the player has to look at taking care of his family, both have achieved their goals.

John Mara was wishing Tuck all the best, what would you have preferred he do, say "I hope he fails?"

They know it's a business and this is the down side for everyone.
    +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!