+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    +1
    Tuck said the Giants disrespected him so clearly he didn't understand it as "just business"'
    Obviously, TUCK wasn't as convinced of Mara's love for him as you all are if he felt that way.
    Those are the words of a bitter man and you don't leave bitterly if you think your owner said and did all the right things.
    But hey......I guess you know TUCK better than he knows himself.

Banned
    Should have been resigned, still EASILY a top10 4-3 DE in the league and could've been had pretty damn cheap, and now we have a gigantic hole at his spot, not seeing the slightest bit of logic in letting him go, which is the only reason I give our FA period an A-

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    at the end of the day the giants made the right call and so did tuck. his age and chance of re injury and age would be too much to take on that kind of number for him. i will say Tuck said our iffer was insulting so ,no i dont think he was happy with the giants offering what they did, going by what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mookskingdom View Post
    Should have been resigned, still EASILY a top10 4-3 DE in the league and could've been had pretty damn cheap, and now we have a gigantic hole at his spot, not seeing the slightest bit of logic in letting him go, which is the only reason I give our FA period an A-
    If you believe Tuck, he was offered "pretty damn cheap"
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    If you believe Tuck, he was offered "pretty damn cheap"
    I do believe Tuck and he has played on the Giants dime for two years, at the end of the season he puts in some effort to try and show he still has it but to be a Giant you have to play 100% all the time, not just when you feel like it, sorry, Justin deserved what he got, a trip to the Black Hole where players disappear. Good Luck Justin, but didn't we have a Safety go to the Hole a couple years back, old whats his name
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    at the end of the day the giants made the right call and so did tuck. his age and chance of re injury and age would be too much to take on that kind of number for him. i will say Tuck said our iffer was insulting so ,no i dont think he was happy with the giants offering what they did, going by what he said.
    Yes and yes.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Tuck was a great Giant but it was time for him to go.

I wonder what upset John Mara more, letting Tuck go or charging his loyal fans PSLs for the privilege of staying loyal? He's a business man. His father was loyal, not him.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post

I wonder what upset John Mara more, letting Tuck go or charging his loyal fans PSLs for the privilege of staying loyal? He's a business man. His father was loyal, not him.
    Thank you! His loyalty to the fans must be unquestioned. Spending sympathy money doesn't do us any good with on field performance.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Roswell777 View Post

Wellington Mara knew it was how they would have to fund the new building before he died. Almost half the teams in the NFL have PSLs or their equivalent.

Time has a way of of changing opinion. When Wellington Mara decided to move the team out of NY and to NJ loyal was not a word used to describe him.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Wellington Mara knew it was how they would have to fund the new building before he died. Almost half the teams in the NFL have PSLs or their equivalent.

Time has a way of of changing opinion. When Wellington Mara decided to move the team out of NY and to NJ loyal was not a word used to describe him.
    They didn't need a new building this time. In the 70s, they did. But you are correct when you write that Wellington was not portrayed favorably.

That being said, when the Giants decided to charge for the right to buy tickets, only one other team, Dallas, was charging their loyal fans. Let's just call it what it was, a calculated money grab at a time when the economy was brutal.