+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Bench Player

The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.

Re: The last meaningful Packer-Giants game at Lambeau was in 2010, not 2007

It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.

[quote user="scf424"]It's a different season. Eli's not forcing things, we've got Cruz, our defense is hot right now, its the playoffs, etc.

I don't like the comparisons to 07 either, so don't try that on me either.

Only game that matters is the one on Sunday.[/quote]

To be honest...by the time we played that game we had given up mentally after the heart breaker against Philly....
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

Yea I thought that was obvious.

That was a game in which the giants defense had absolutely no confidence. The Packers just dismantled them. I expect a totally different effort in this game from both sides of the ball.

Veteran

[quote user="barrister"]If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]If we are looking at this from a Giants perspective, the soul of the team had been shredded. It was right after the collapse against philly and the team never recovered.

The season didn't end after you beat us - it ended with 7 minutes left in fourth quarter against the Eagles....

Every games different!!

ALL IN!

[quote user="barrister"]If you recall, these two teams met up for a meaningful game during Week 16 of the 2010 season. That was essentially a playoff game, with the winner staying alive, and the loser practically done for the year.

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]
    Pretty bad. This team has a strenth and conditioning problem, I am convinced of it. Anyway, how else do you lose your best punt/kick returner in back to back years, lose top key players in secondary, two starting LBers.. 2-3 Olineman. It goes on and on and it's every year.. Anyway we were blown out in the game you refer to. No if ands or buts. The guys that stepped in didn't step up..

Guys we have now we didn't have then.. JPP, Cruz, Prince, beckum,barden, 2 online petrus and baas, LB J. Williams, kiwi#94, several other non starting LBers mark H, Jones, on DLine L. Joseph, TE Ballard , TE/FB Pascoe, FB Hynoski also several others on STs kicker Blanchard, Martin, also chase Blackburn and Boley back...

So team is alot different from that team
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

We all know how that ended, so I'm not looking to gloat about it. My question is, how does this Giants' roster differ from the Giants' roster for that game? I don't recall, but were you all missing key players that game? I understand that there are other factors to take into account (e.g., momentum of the current team). I'm just trying to remember how you all were looking at that time.[/quote]

Let's start with this: if you won the SB, you can gloat and every other fan has to take it. Pretty sure it's in the Constitution.

After the Filthadelphia game in 2010, the Gint's came your way on what could have been either a quest for redemption or as a team that had no heart and no fire.

If you saw that game, you know what team the Pack faced.

Do we have the players to give you a challenge? I would assume that the game we played just a few weeks ago is more relevant than a game more than a year ago, wouldn't you agree?

Bench Player

Heh. Thanks.

In terms of just the roster, it seems to me that the addition of Cruz and the emergence of JPP are the most significant differences. And they are both BIG.

The main problem I have with all the flashbacks to the 2007 NFCC is that these are drastically different rosters. The main one being, of course, Rodgers. If it comes down to it, I can assure you that AR12 isn't throwing that pick in OT.