+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

NFL New Penalty..

The NFL has decided to implement the new rule of a player dunking a football over the goalposts will now be a penalty...

really reallyyyy stupid rule IMO. and of course they wait until Tony Gonzalez to retire to make this a rule..

but to keep this giants related and here...who do you think is the first Giant to make that mistake...if any can even get that high up haha

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 7m
    RT @PaulPabst: NFL Head of Officials Dean Blandino told @dpshow that dunking the ball over the goal posts will be a penalty next season.

source BTW

What a stupid rule !!!! They are just getting ridiculous. Soon Football will be as exciting as Curling !!!!! wtf ????????
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Mike Evans when we draft him baby!!!
    In the tough times we find out who we are.

If this seriously impacts your ability to enjoy a football game, I think you should reconsider calling yourself a fan.

Doesn't make any difference at all to me if a player can dunk. Pointless celebration crap.

The rule is dumb.

Edit: Explain to me the material difference between the Lambeau Leap and dunking the football, other than one involves the fan. Both are excessive and meant to pump up the crowd.

I guess Jimmy Graham will have another reason to be ticked off. First, the Saints won't pay him like he wants and now the NFL won't let him do his trademark dunk after he scores.

Sooner or later, the NFL will make dancing in the endzone a penalty and there goes Cruz's salsa dancing.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I guess Jimmy Graham will have another reason to be ticked off. First, the Saints won't pay him like he wants and now the NFL won't let him do his trademark dunk after he scores.

Sooner or later, the NFL will make dancing in the endzone a penalty and there goes Cruz's salsa dancing.
    He'll ask for that money he missed out on this year from them on the contract for next year- speaking of the money that he should be making as one of the top 5 receiving threats in the league. That TE tag for Graham is a joke.

celebrations get the crowd excited and are exciting for players. not everyone can be like Larry Fitz and hands the ball to the ref and runs off. scoring a TD is a huge moment and just dunking the ball shouldnt be a penalty. soon theyll be banning the Lambo leap from games. its not so much such a big thing for people watching from home, but fans screaming right there at the game get pumped up for it and a player is pumped for dunking. its just taking away the fun a player can have from the game, which it seems like is the way their headed after Mara's comments that the NFL will be a game of respect

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    If this seriously impacts your ability to enjoy a football game, I think you should reconsider calling yourself a fan.

Doesn't make any difference at all to me if a player can dunk. Pointless celebration crap.
    My point is ALL celebratory actions have almost been eliminated, That is ridiculous. That is my right as a fan. As a FAN it also brings excitement and enjoyment, when within realistic means. Your opinion is your own. What's Next ?? Be fined when teammates hug, or high five each other. Your comment is presumptuous.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011