+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    celebrations get the crowd excited and are exciting for players. not everyone can be like Larry Fitz and hands the ball to the ref and runs off. scoring a TD is a huge moment and just dunking the ball shouldnt be a penalty. soon theyll be banning the Lambo leap from games. its not so much such a big thing for people watching from home, but fans screaming right there at the game get pumped up for it and a player is pumped for dunking. its just taking away the fun a player can have from the game, which it seems like is the way their headed after Mara's comments that the NFL will be a game of respect
    When people think the celebration is more exciting than the TD you have problems.

some celebration penalties i understand, like spiking the ball in play because its unnecessary and a delay of the game, the over the top celebrations TO and Chad Johnson had yah i get it, but a simple dunk which wastes no time shouldnt be banned. gotta let the guy celebrate a bit, it accomplishes nothing banning this besides for taking the fun away from the players that do it

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    When people think the celebration is more exciting than the TD you have problems.
    not once did i say that, after a TD tho people will be pumped and a celebration like that feeds into it and gets the crowd more pumped. nothing wrong with that

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap88 View Post
    I guess Jimmy Graham will have another reason to be ticked off. First, the Saints won't pay him like he wants and now the NFL won't let him do his trademark dunk after he scores.

Sooner or later, the NFL will make dancing in the endzone a penalty and there goes Cruz's salsa dancing.
    That's next. What's else ? A 5 yard penalty for high fiving your teammate? Very stupid rule.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

wickty wickty wack..
    Last edited by Carter.525; 03-25-2014 at 01:25 PM.

Football is suppose to be fun. I Miss all the endzone celebrations. instead of worrying about players dunking the ball they should be taking a look at all the picks on offense. The football players should be allowed to have fun. they are the ones risking life and limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    Football is suppose to be fun. I Miss all the endzone celebrations. instead of worrying about players dunking the ball they should be taking a look at all the picks on offense. The football players should be allowed to have fun. they are the ones risking life and limb.
    I agree. In addition to having the shortest season in pro sports.
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    He'll ask for that money he missed out on this year from them on the contract for next year- speaking of the money that he should be making as one of the top 5 receiving threats in the league. That TE tag for Graham is a joke.
    Yeah, that tag is a joke when you line a TE up more as a WR. I figured the Saints had all the power in that situation, but I think Graham has until April 22 to file a grievance against the Saints, which he might win, if they don't hammer out a deal he likes.
    One of these teams is not like the others

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlueBoricua View Post
    That's next. What's else ? A 5 yard penalty for high fiving your teammate? Very stupid rule.
    Exactly. I don't have a problem with the NFL putting in rules to make the game better/safer. But sometimes they go overboard with ticky tack rule changes like these.
    One of these teams is not like the others

No. Fun. League.