+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The best celebration is when the player hands the ball to the ref. No need to act like it's your first TD every time you score.

The "choreographed" football celebrations are stupid. The 7 points is what gets me psyched, not the salsa, or spike or back filp, or whatever other crap these guys showboat with.

Starter
    I don't think anybody enjoys the celebration more than the actual score, and thats not the point being made. The point is that the NFL is just getting more and more ridiculous with these stupid rules and restrictions of COMPLETELY harmless acts by the players....it really is a joke, like why is a celebration of doing something you work extremely hard to achieve every week something to be penalized?. Stupid

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    The best celebration is when the player hands the ball to the ref. No need to act like it's your first TD every time you score.

The "choreographed" football celebrations are stupid. The 7 points is what gets me psyched, not the salsa, or spike or back filp, or whatever other crap these guys showboat with.
    yupp youre right, theres no need to be excited when you score a td. hand the ball off, walk to the sideline, take your helmet off, and sit on the bench.

cmon man youre acting like these are the old TO or Chad Johnson celebrations with props and stuff. its a simple celebration celebrating something that doesnt come very easy and just helped your team. it doesnt delay the game, it isnt putting down your opponents, it literally has nothing bad come of it, its just celebrating very quickly.

its the NFL, scores dont come easy. its not basketball where theres a score every 15 seconds. you work hard and on a long drive for your points that dont come too often in a game, let alone a year. who cares if the guy is pumped and dunks the ball or spikes the ball or does the lambo leap after a TD.

Quote Originally Posted by gibril28wilson View Post
    yupp youre right, theres no need to be excited when you score a td. hand the ball off, walk to the sideline, take your helmet off, and sit on the bench.

cmon man youre acting like these are the old TO or Chad Johnson celebrations with props and stuff. its a simple celebration celebrating something that doesnt come very easy and just helped your team. it doesnt delay the game, it isnt putting down your opponents, it literally has nothing bad come of it, its just celebrating very quickly.

its the NFL, scores dont come easy. its not basketball where theres a score every 15 seconds. you work hard and on a long drive for your points that dont come too often in a game, let alone a year. who cares if the guy is pumped and dunks the ball or spikes the ball or does the lambo leap after a TD.
    +1
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Get Better #80, Hermano !!

they're doing their job. they are paid to do this. if you are not being paid, and playing a sport for recreation, do whatever the hell you want.

but when you are celebrating doing your job, its actually quite pathetic. when I do something very difficult to help my boss, i don't start jumping up and down and celebrating. thats dumb

and before anyone says they're in the entertainment business, that's true. then they should switch careers and be on a dance show or become a full time dancer. its ridiculous

It's showboating however you want to look at it.

Do you know why this doesn't happen in baseball, because if a player hits a home run and did a dance as he crossed home plate, he would get drilled on his next at bat. And as far as scoring in the NFL not being easy, I agree, but nothing in sports is harder than hitting a 90MPH fastball.

It's about sportsmanship. Do you want your kids to watch these rediculous celebrations and then go out and act like that during their high school football game??

It's showboating however you want to look at it.

Do you know why this doesn't happen in baseball, because if a player hits a home run and did a dance as he crossed home plate, he would get drilled on his next at bat. And as far as scoring in the NFL not being easy, I agree, but nothing in sports is harder than hitting a 90MPH fastball.

It's about sportsmanship. Do you want your kids to watch these rediculous celebrations and then go out and act like that during their high school football game??
    but how is that a lack of sportsmanship? i dont understand how one being happy about doing something good is a lack of sportsmanship. in no way is dunking a football a put down to the opponent. the next step is taking away spiking a ball when scoring? is that putting down your opponent? no its just being pumped up and feeding off your and the crowds emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by ELIte4MVP View Post
    they're doing their job. they are paid to do this. if you are not being paid, and playing a sport for recreation, do whatever the hell you want.

but when you are celebrating doing your job, its actually quite pathetic. when I do something very difficult to help my boss, i don't start jumping up and down and celebrating. thats dumb

and before anyone says they're in the entertainment business, that's true. then they should switch careers and be on a dance show or become a full time dancer. its ridiculous
    but they are in the entertainment business. youre saying go to a dance show like these are the old preplanned celebrations where they are dancing and pulling out props to celebrate and making a spectacle out of it.

all theyre doing is feeding off their emotions, their teams emotions, and the crowds emotions all being extremely pumped up, in a physical demanding sport, and going with it. its not making a big ordeal of the situation, its not putting down the opponent, its just celebrating.

and to your work point, if i just worked really freakin hard to prepare for a presentation, like how an nfl drive would be, you can best believe that after that presentations over im going to go celebrate once its completed with high fives or happy hour or something (or in the nfl comparrison, the drives over).

and even your point about dancing, thats still legal in the NFL but dunking a football isnt???? like i dont see what banning dunking the football accomplishes..

i also dont understand how people can say not to celebrate and be pumped about something you just worked extremely hard for, like theyre robots and not people or anything. 100,000 people are screaming and cheering for you, theres music blasting, and all of it is happening because you just did something great. i dont see why its a bad thing to be excited after that and show your excitement with a quick 3 second dunk or a spiking of the ball.

people say they want their players to be fired up and play hard for the game, but then you want them to be drones and robots once they score and act like its nothing new? they come with one another.

now if the players were taking sharpies out and signing the football, throwing popcorn in their facemasks, bringing a cell phone out of the goalposts, etc, then yeah i agree thats overboard. but i see no problem whatsoever in a quick harmless act celebrating

but how is that a lack of sportsmanship? i dont understand how one being happy about doing something good is a lack of sportsmanship. in no way is dunking a football a put down to the opponent. the next step is taking away spiking a ball when scoring? is that putting down your opponent? no its just being pumped up and feeding off your and the crowds emotion.
    being happy and giving high fives to your teamates is not bad sportsmanship.. Doing a "special" trademark routine after your TD and making your teamates wait to congratulate you until your "act" is done??? That is showboating.

being happy and giving high fives to your teamates is not bad sportsmanship.. Doing a "special" trademark routine after your TD and making your teamates wait to congratulate you until your "act" is done??? That is showboating.
    i just dont see how dunking a football is showboating. its not like theyre dunking on the opposing team, or theyre dancing on the other teams logo (which is still legal mind you), theyre just running quick and dunking the football. it takes all of 3 seconds to do and then theyre off the field. doesnt delay the game, doesnt put down the opponent, it just is celebrating.