+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^ Are you implying someone like Lewan? If so I don't anything to do with him with the 12th pick.

Ebron fills a big need and would add another dimension to this offense. The drops have really been a point of emphasis when not liking the Ebron pick but he dropped 8 passes last year.... when people use the 11+% it makes it seem a lot worse than it really is. I am not worried about the drops. I watched a tape last night where he had 2 of them. 1 was below his knees when he was cutting across the middle... tough catch for even a WR especially when you are running at Ebron's speed and the other was a pass the QB tried to fit in between 2 defenders and he got crushed as soon as he touched it..

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    ^ Are you implying someone like Lewan? If so I don't anything to do with him with the 12th pick.

Ebron fills a big need and would add another dimension to this offense. The drops have really been a point of emphasis when not liking the Ebron pick but he dropped 8 passes last year.... when people use the 11+% it makes it seem a lot worse than it really is. I am not worried about the drops. I watched a tape last night where he had 2 of them. 1 was below his knees when he was cutting across the middle... tough catch for even a WR especially when you are running at Ebron's speed and the other was a pass the QB tried to fit in between 2 defenders and he got crushed as soon as he touched it..
    Yes, I'm in the "Draft Lewan" camp.

I just don't see the need to draft a TE so high in a year where there is tons of TE depth.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    Yes, I'm in the "Draft Lewan" camp.

I just don't see the need to draft a TE so high in a year where there is tons of TE depth.
    Zack Martin seems more like Giant material than Lewan... Martin is very safe to me

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Zack Martin seems more like Giant material than Lewan... Martin is very safe to me
    He would be a safe OL pick like Pugh. I wouldn't be pissed hut kind of disappointed lol

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by BlueReign View Post
    TE is not an integral position to winning Super Bowls. If I'm given the choice between a stud TE and a stud Tackle, I'm taking the tackle 9/10, with the exception being if I already have a Pro Bowl tackle.
    "Stud Tackles" = "Rings" ?? You must be using new math ..

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post

you're talking like 8 dropped passes a game is good? lol thats actually really bad for a TE. Esp since it was in only 13 games. The highest drops for a TE in the NFL in a 16 game schedule was 6 by Jared Cook..

and whats with everyone clamoring about him being such a good redzone threat? he had 3 tds last year and 8 total in 3 years? his size seems good for the redzone but he hasnt exactly excelled there either

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    So we roll with what we got? Not one proven TE. Glad ur not the coach. I agree we have needs all over, but TE is certainly one of them. Teams win SBs not players so your analogy is moot.
    if you draft Ebron you're still rolling out with not one proven TE then.. and youre saying if we dont get Ebron we cant get a starter in the draft?? value can be had in the later rounds at TE

a majority of the starting TEs in the league were late round picks anyway, Jimmy Graham, Gronk, Antonio Gates Julius Thomas, Jason Witten, etc.
    and if you look at the TEs taken in the 1st round the last 10 years its far from a sure thing anyway: Tyler Eifert, Jermaine Gresham, Brandon Pettigrew, Dustin Keller, Greg Olsen, Marcedes Lewis, Vernon Davis, Heath Miller, Ben Watson, Kellen Winslow.

far from a sure thing in the 1st. out of those 10, so far only 2 of Vernon Davis and Greg Olsen and maybe a 3rd in Heath Miller, maybe, were worth their 1st round pick. There's a reason there's only been 1 TE taken in round 1 since 2010. its basically the same as whats been happening with RBs and why RBs have fallen off in drafts recently, its a position you can fill later in the draft.

we have other needs as well like dline which is extremely thin, or oline which was the major cause for our offensive failure last year. and who knows if Beatty will be healed in time to get some training camp and preseason in before the start of the season.

point is value can be had at the TE position later in the draft, a majority of starting TEs in the league were late round picks. We should look to solidify the oline or dline first before taking a TE when a starting TE could be had later in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    So we roll with what we got? Not one proven TE. Glad ur not the coach. I agree we have needs all over, but TE is certainly one of them. Teams win SBs not players so your analogy is moot.
    Sure. It.doesn't fit what you are trying to say so it's moot. Well then if players don't win SBs, why draft a TE? Build the oline. Build the dline. And I didn't say roll with what we have, my mock has a TE later on.

5trive for Fiv5

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Safe doesn't mean better though. Lewan is better than Martin. I would not love Martin at 12. If he is a target of ours, we should trade down.

Ebron would be a great pick at the 3 or 4 round but not before..12 no way!! drops to many drops and double caught a ball. at his pro day if you can't do a better job on your pro day not worth a pick before 3-4th round