+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Veteran

It comes down to New Orleans

IMO

1. If the Saints win Saturday night, the Giants season is basically over. I don't see this Giants team winning in New Orleans

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon.

Re: It comes down to New Orleans

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]IMO

1. If the Saints win Saturday night, the Giants season is basically over. I don't see this Giants team winning in New Orleans

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon.[/quote]

Interesting perspective and can not say the same thought has not crossed my mind.
    "When I was 15, I could not believe how dumb my father was.....when I was 25, I could not believe how much he had learned in 10 years"

1st to use the phrase "In Reese we trust"

It comes down to the Packers right now.

We'll worry about NO after the game is over

I'll have to see how I feel after the Packers game, and we win. We match up well with the Packers. We do not match up well with the Saints.

Yeah I see it this way as well.

All-Pro

Let's see how they do this week first.

As far as the Saints go, the Lions where beating them 14-10 at the half. The Lions dropped two interceptions in that game too. Not saying they would have won, but you can't pass up on those turn overs.

Bench Player

as well as the saints have played, they're still very beatable. they are basically a supercharged Falcon's team (great passing, good power running, defense that doesn't get pressure but will gamble for turnovers). If we can shut out the Falcons, we can put up a fight against a similar, albeit much better, team.

The key person missing last time was Boley IIRC. Without him, we had zero chance of stopping Jimmy Graham and Sproles, which proves to be a waterfall effect on the rest of our already suspect coverage. With Boley back, we'll be better equipped to cover that attack.

And honestly, I don't think we'll get manhandled by their blocking scheme the same way two times in a row. Fewell will figure out a way to get pressure on Brees. Last time around they basically just max protected with a back or extra blocker and had him pick us apart; I'm sure they'll be able to figure something out this go around.

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]IMO

2. If San Fran wins Sat night, Sunday is the Superbowl for the Giants. The Giants win will beat everybody if they beat the Pack without New Orleans on the horizon.[/quote]
    If we could beat the Pats in SB 42, then NOTHING is impossible.

Worry about the Pack first.

Yes, we as fans have the luxury of looking ahead unlike the players....but honestly....

...who gives a **** about New Orleans right now!?!
    ...the tortillas are dry...

Veteran

[quote user="Ruttiger711"]Yes, we as fans have the luxury of looking ahead unlike the players....but honestly....

...who gives a **** about New Orleans right now!?![/quote]

Perhaps you should save the swearing and work more on reading comprehension.