+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Giants: John Mara Says Losing Justin Tuck Was Difficult For Him Personally

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...ersonally.html

Excerpt: "Free agency is nearly two weeks old now, but the loss of Justin Tuck will likely be something the Giants feel all season.

Even though the team had an opportunity to have the defensive end cheaper than his two-year $11 million deal in Oakland, they chose not to. Owner John Mara, speaking to reporters today at the owners meetings in Florida, said the decision was a hard one, and "very tough for me personally."

"You expect decisions like that in this business but there are some that affect you a little bit more than others," he said, via The Wall Street Journal.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

makes sense to me. Nine years is a decent stretch....
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Now I can't make fun of your typo, grr.

I do not blame Mara for letting Tuck go at all.

Please support.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post

Pffffftttttt
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I agree. It was fine for him to feel melancholy about it but the important thing was that he pulled the trigger. He owes the fans the best team possible and we have so many holes that we need that money used for upgrades everywhere.

JT's legacy here is sealed already.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I agree. It was fine for him to feel melancholy about it but the important thing was that he pulled the trigger. He owes the fans the best team possible and we have so many holes that we need that money used for upgrades everywhere.

It sure doesn't sound like Mara is out of the information loop

Right.
    I said in another thread that I'm glad he didn't feel bad for him and sign him.
    The first thing in to getting this team back on track is by getting younger.

Please support.

Right.
    I said in another thread that I'm glad he didn't feel bad for him and sign him.
    The first thing in to getting this team back on track is by getting younger.
    Mr. Mara's priorities need to start with what is best for the fans, giving us the bset chance to win plain and simple..
    No one remembers who came in second.

After all the the success and injuries Tuck went through as a Giant cause football will take its toll on the body over time, it's nice to know he's getting paid and by none other than the Raiders.

Mr. Mara's priorities need to start with what is best for the fans, giving us the bset chance to win plain and simple..

Please support.